70s Progressive Rock

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Kushmedic, Jan 19, 2016.

1. I absolutely love the Far East Family Band. Anyone else listen to them?

2. Don't think I have even heard of them but I like modern progressive rock/metal and I love 70s rock...

I'm about out of data so I will check them out when I get more and report back. Any songs you'd recommend?

3. Do you have any modern Prog recommendations? Im lookin for some new names.

4. Dream Theater and Redemption

The caveat with Dream Theater is they are very diverse, so don't make any conclusion based on one song or even one album.

To get a feel of the diversity here are 3 songs

Honor Thy Father (heavy)

Through Her Eyes (Soft)

Space Dye-Vest (unexplainable but awesome when stoned)

Redemption, I can only vouch for the 2 albums I am familiar with. Snowfall on Judgement Day and This Mortal Coil

I would also highly recommend Kamelots last two albums Silverthorn and Haven although the are less progressive than the others mentioned.

5. Much agreed on dream theater. Especially regarding their new album(or most), they have such range and so I find myself not liking a sizable portion of their music. Just something I like to warn new listeners of. Their versatility isnt always appealing.

6. Some songs, of course, elicit amazing inspiration

7. Definitely agree. Ive always loved dream theater heavy or soft. They're one of those bands (like Rush or any progressive band) that just keeps kicking ass and can maintain an awesome fanbase.

8. I definitely don't like every song but I like a good majority. Such a pleasure listening to such brilliance, it is really stimulating.

9. I was listening to oral moon and discovered the Frank Steven's project FSP. Apparently he was found by Derek sharinian from dream theater. apparently Derek plays keyboards on it along with some other pretty cool musicians. The music is pretty blistering pretty heavy stuff. http://www.frankstephensproject.com/

10. I'll check it out! Thanks

11. My fave from the band is "Transmigration". "Saying To The Land" and most anything else.

12. I shall check them out ty

13. King Crimson, Frank Zappa/Mothers, Rush. My top 3 prog.