Was Jesus Gay?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by SmokinP, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Josephus, in Antiquitates Judaicae, does not mention Caiaphas deviating from the rabbinic views popular at that time about gay people.

Herodian Palestine would have had similar laws to modern Pakistan. Romans would have had much more lenient standards, and were constantly at odds with the local Jewish population, but the Bible describes Jesus as being born into the Jewish tribal system.

"Actually it was quite common for a Roman male (married) to have a younger male lover. It's been speculated and quite logically that the Roman whose servant he asked Jesus to save was his lover."

Those kinds of relationships occurred often in the Roman Empire, but there is nothing in the Centurion and Capernaum narrative to suggest such a relationship.

"Ancient societies didn't have the prejudices and taboos of Christianity."

Roman society was extraordinarily bigoted against women, and extraordinary xenophobic of non Roman culture and societies.

"This is what the Bible condemned in the original Greek. Not homosexuality."

If the greek Bible, and early Christianity, were supportive of homosexuality they would have suffered backlash on that issue with the local Jewish populations where the lived, and we would see it in other areas of the New Testament.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I do not beleieve there is a gay gene.

Possible a mutation/defect but

I think its nurture in this case. People become gay through development for whatever reason

-Yuri

3. I think he was just light on his feet.

How do you think he walked on water??

dilligaf

• Like Like x 1
  4. Complete and utter horseshit. How have you come to this conclusion, being that you're "scientifically minded" and all...?

5. Doubt it. By that logic a person can "switch teams". considering all the young people who have killed themselves because they can't be straight and are taught tht homosexuality is evil we can say for sure that a person either is or isn't

until proven differently I believe homosexuality is a matter of chemistry, not psychology

6. What in the fuck..

7. They can. It actually happens
    That doesn't mean its genetic. It can be an unchangeable part of you and still be hardwired
    Chemirsty maybe. Genetics. No evidence at all in fact you don't see what you'd expect

-Yuri

8. The Roman's didn't look down upon gays. Most did it Google it brah

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. any non christian sources?

• Like Like x 1
  10. yes. there is a theory that states jesus was homosexual and that Satan is jealous of him.

11. You do realize that body chemistry is a direct result of genetics?

That's not true. Although the Romans were quick to judge a culture as inferior, they were amazing at assimilating foreign cultures into their own. They would take over the good parts (ancient Greek philosophy/art, Arabian science, etc.) and even adapted their religion to include foreign gods (Mithra and various Egyptian/Greek gods, although sometimes in cult form).

The Romans had a vast judicial system which encompassed various laws dictating compensation for women in divorce, rape laws, protection of their possessions, etc. Women were seen as inferior, yes, but still somewhat protected and taken care of.

12. It depends how you look at it. Did the authors wish fictional jesus to be gay?

• Like Like x 1
  13. only for you sugar!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm pretty sure he was gay and was saying " Ahhhh, men" instead of " Amen".

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 7
  15. Makes sense.

16. [​IMG]
    That's like saying "Only men birth gay babies" heh.

......EVERYTHING IS BORN FROM A WOMAN....EVERY GAY THING WAS BORN FROM A WOMAN...Everything straight, EVERYTHING.

17. No. There is no evidence of his existence. So I tend to believe he did not even exist.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. My uncles dont have birth certificates cause theyre fucking beaners. Do they not exist?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Let's ask

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maybe he suffered from avoidant personality disorder.