GreenDazeds Ziggy photo journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GreenDazed, Jan 18, 2016.

1. #1 GreenDazed, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    Here I will post progress shots of a mystery seed I have planted. Germinated the day Bowie died so I'm calling her Ziggy. I have her in a tent with a Mars Hydro 300 (140w) LED light. Only giving her purified water right now. Still need to order some supplies off Amazon. I will be giving her Advanced Nutrients base Grow, Micro, and Bloom along with their Hobbyist Bundle that comes with B-52, Big Bud, Voodoo Juice, and Overdrive. Anyway here are some pictures that were taken over the past few days. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. #2 GreenDazed, Jan 18, 2016
    I also forgot to mention I am growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil. I will eventually be transplanting her into a 5 gal smart pot for her final grow space.

3. #4 TheGreenSheep, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    looks good, glad to see some good looking, 'non-stretched' seedlings in this forum!

You probably know but a quick reminder not to fertilizer your girls too soon the Fox Farm OF has plenty of nutrients to carry the plant the first few weeks alone!

4. #5 GreenDazed, Jan 20, 2016
    Indeed. I'm still waiting to order all the nutrients which is going to be a few weeks anyway.

5. I finally got a new timer for the light and switched from 24 hrs of light to 18/6. It's already making a difference after one dark period.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Here's some visible growth after only a few hours...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Some morning shots just after the light came on. Finally figured out how to get my flash to work with the LED light...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Spent all day at a theme park with some friends today so I didn't get a chance to check on "Ziggy" until just now when I got home. Some weird shit on a couple older leaves but new growth is looking good. Still no nutes yet. Just bottled water for now. I did get the base nutrients from Advanced Nutrients in but I'm still waiting to get the hobbyist bundle before feeding anything. The last shot is technically a fuck up but it's my favorite picture of Ziggy so far.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. how often are you watering? and do you have a fan/good ventilation system? those brown spots look concerning

10. Every other day. I have a tower fan right in the tent with the vents open.

11. #14 GreenDazed, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    Also would it be too early to top at this point?

12. I only water about twice a week if that, but I'm using two GalaxyHydro 300w LEDs so they don't give off us much heat.. good idea with the fan and vents. The girls need the fresh air and air flow to grow well. Your soil looks a bit moist and wouldn't want any fungus colonizing in your room.

13. How would you recommend doing the feeding and watering once I add in nutrients? The nutrient labels and website only show how much to mix each week. What's a good feed and water schedule?

14. I can't say whether or not this is a good option for your system but considering the nutes are diluted so much the plants would have less run-off if they are dried while adding the nutes.

Thats what I do here are my plants and you can decide for your operation.

View attachment 163593
    View attachment 163592
    View attachment 163591

15. #20 GreenDazed, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    On the topic of ventilation here's the full inside of my tent. You can see my tower fan and one of the vents of the tent. Also my green "dark time" lightbulb at the top.