vent

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by jessikate, Jan 18, 2016.

1. i'm sure this has been said more than a billion times, but, why is marijuana illegal in most states for recreational use but we allow bars to be open until 3 am, there's drunk driver accidents daily, people are becoming alcoholics ruining their life and potentially their relationships with close friends and family? yet marijuana (which has little to no impact on judgement/ability to function normally) is banned? who has died from a marijuana overdose? if someone can name over 10 people that have overdosed on pure marijuana, nothing else, then they probably had to go through millions of death certificates bc i'm pretty sure that's never happened once. i'm high as we speak and i'm still typing like i normally would but if i were drunk? i wouldn't be able to add punctuation or even hit the right letters, hell i wouldn't be making sense. i just feel like marijuana shouldn't be classified as a drug bc it's a way of relaxation, it's a sleep aid, an antidepressant, a social activity and all alcohol does is make you vomit, make bad decisions and causes the inability to walk on your own. idk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Are you actually asking why it's illegal?

Or are you coming to the realization its complete bullshit and, as the title says, you needed to vent?

Most of us here can sympathize my friend. Its not only hypocrisy to the highest degree, it's detrimental as you point out. Aside from the serious problems that alcohol presents, marijuana is fairly benign and has profound health benefits.

Since we know the history of marijuana, and the assinine propaganda used to demonize it and sway people's perception of the plant, the question is, why?

Why did 'they' want to keep people separated from this plant, it's effects, and myriad of uses. Was it money? Fear of people thinking differently, which could upset the status quo? To subjugate minorities?
    Protect corporations that would have to compete with it?

There is a lot written on and documentaries dealing with these questions. I really don't know the answer, I haven't been convinced yet.

3. It's illegal because society sucks.

4. You're preachin to the choir!!!
    Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. regarding weed. its a health issue, not criminal issue. public needs to be truthfuly informed on the benefits of use.

6. It's a liberty issue for me.

7. Alcohol and Tobacco get taxed to death, the pharmaceutical industry buys government, therefore they are legal and encouraged. Marijuana is a weed because it almost grows like one, very easily with minimal cultivation if you know what you're doing. It was not taxable in the mainstream up until recently in CO, WA etc. Since they are reporting very high tax revenues on it, look to see more states move toward legalization.

All about the green in 'Merica.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 NorseMythology, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    It was technically taxable all along, the state's just had to put the illegitimate federal government in their place. Notice the federal government had no recourse against the states, so they went after the growers/dispensaries. Those who got caught up in the raids should have sued and challenged jurisdiction. I wish the feds would have sued the states but they aren't that reckless. They knew where the higher courts stand and would have exposed their real lack of jurisdiction.

9. Do you know how much money pharmaceutical companies look to lose if a plant that can be grown by essentially anyone at next to nothing and that can treat an untold number of ailments was suddenly legalized? We couldn't fathom those numbers.

But it's not just them.

I can only imagine what the prison system would look to lose when the regular flow of non-violent drug offenders suddenly stopped filling their cells. There are more people incarcerated in the US for non-violent drug offenses than for all other crime COMBINED. Private prisons who make money off of each prisoner they house (kidnap) would go belly up!!

10. As they should go belly up :) or lower their prices to compete with 'nearly free' haha

11. I've never thought about it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app