Come live in a caravan with me (uk)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by empress of the fern people, Jan 17, 2016.

1. In autumn, Im going to be moving into a caravan and living in the Penryn area (near Falmouth in Cornwall, England) My original reason was because I cant afford student accommodation for the penryn campus, but I mean like... Living in a caravan In the cornish countryside dude. Heaven. Ive got money put aside to buy the thing, do it up, add solar panels, wood stove, etc, and Ive got the DIY know how to do it. Just need to get around to doing it. Anyway, Im just branching out to see if there is anybody who would like share the living space. Doesn't really matter if you are a student at the campus or not, so long as you are cool with the location :p I suppose its probably best that if you do wanna live with me, we should get to know each other a bit first lol, so shoot a comment with your email address or something like that. But no apps/phone number stuff since I don't have a mobile. Sorry ^^ Basics of me: treehugger with little ambition, a love of fantasy stuff, and err.. dirty hippie liberal lol.

Peace and good vibes folks!
    -Victoria

• Like Like x 1
  2. ! question do you take showers and shave?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beauitful area of not my favourite country on earth. But havng said that they want independance as much as we do.

Not sure this is th ebest place for this as its mostly a Yank forum. Have you tried this on facebook student groups for your uni?

what are you studying?

4. you mean trailer trash?

5. I haven't no, Im studying film. Thanks for the suggestion dude :) i might try that

Yeah, haha, I do :p

6. Gunna be tough finding another person to live with you...a guy however ;) haha...anyway I lived out of a van for nearly two months and I was with a chick it's doable but judging by your circumstances your gunna have to move around a lot and snatch some nice spots. Sounds like you got your head straight about what Y gotta do. There are some lil power supply units you can buy to make the solar panel to batter component smoother. ..forget he name of the company but it's pretty pricey. Alternatively we bought a 400w outlet converter which is good enough to power a sound system and laptop. No cooking devices tho.
    Best of luck!

7. Ive found a farmer who's willing to rent me a small bit of land for a damn good price, which is lucky :p thanks for the advice dude! :)

8. Get in with the local travellers. Avoid the English ones, they are the dirty ones who cause trouble and steal stuff. Good old Irish travellers are salt of the earth and will help you I am sure.

9. I would if I could empress but I live in the US but I share your passions. I used to follow the Grateful Dead around for 3 or four years and lived in a Westphalia pop top Volkswagen mini-bus. Some of the best times of my life...at least what I can remember, lol. I am a little older and have 88 acres in the mountains of West Virginia and I am slowly trying to turn it into a livable state, while I do live in a house, I really dig tree houses, living green, smoking green, the peacefulness of the trees rustling in the wind, the birds, all the forest's many voices. I hope you fall head over heals in love with your connection to nature. Learn as much as you can from older more experienced folk w/lost technologies and ways of doing things the old-fashioned ways. The natural ways that give great satisfaction knowing you are at one w/nature and in tune w/the universe. Subsistence living is a little harder and unpredictable but much more rewarding. I was gonna start my own commune but times have gotten a little crazy for me to just live w/a bunch of strangers even if they are cool, I prefer living w/my pit bull "midnight", she's a sweetly not mean at all. No bad dog's-only bad owners! Of course I have Mary Jane to talk to as I bury her and bring her back to life every spring, he he. Good luck and be very careful and selective as to not end up in a horror movie like hostel. Have a happy and productive stress free life. Peace, from another dirty hippy!

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Racist overgeneralization

11. dude, that sounds so bloody awesome! super jealous :p having that land must be wonderfull, and like the freedom to just wander and like, plant lots of trees and flowers :) thanks, peace!

12. They're not a race like Irish travellers are(can be traced to Romania and on back to India). They're just tramps.

13. I found three natural springs and an old well from a deteriorated old farmhouse that only has the chimney left from age or a fire, etc...don't be jealous, the world is ours to explore and sounds like you're off to a great adventure. The dog's bullocks eh?

14. Victoria?

Female?

Hippy?

Free the nipple?

I'll live with you Tor.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. groovy. message me if actually interested dude

16. @empress of the fern people
    eh if your still looking for ideas check out cyclecruzer on youtube. he has a build up of a van.
    -
    -
    it's primarily a motorcycle blog so the van has space for a motorcycle inside but other then that its still gives an idea
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUeTRfTBQgY

17. I think what your doing is great. i plan to hit the road and travel Bc, canada this year. Its always been a dream of mine to see the world instead of isolating myself.