Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping bud fresh

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by WakeNBake2013, Jan 16, 2016.

1. #1 WakeNBake2013, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
    Hi GC well to start I've been a daily smoker for a few years now, and well my question is whenever I get an oz and smoke it daily the mason jar get less full obviously, now my question is say when the jar is full the bud is nice and fresh sticking icky, but when it's half full or so it gets a bit dry, would it be better to then move the bud to a jar that will be full say half oz jar and so on, just can't seem to keep the buds fresh, mind you its still good and smokes well but it gets dried out, also my room is dry to begin with could that be causing the buds to dry out faster? Would keeping it inside the fridge inside the jar help to keep it fresh

2. If what's in your jar gets a bit too dry for your liking, try taking a very tiny piece of lettuce...and I do mean tiny, and put it in the jar with your bud. Leave it overnight and give it a check the next morning. The bud will pull the water from the lettuce and soak it up into the bud. You also might try going to a smaller jar as your amount lessens. But honestly, after we finish hang drying, all of ours goes into Mason jars and stays there until it's sold. I've never had issues with it drying out even after it's been left sitting in them for weeks. Are you sure you've got a good seal on the jar you're using? TWW

3. I am guessing the reason you want fresher (not dry) bud is because it burns slower? The THC starts to diminish after about 6 months. Your high grade turns to mids, then shwag. I suppose you probably finish your oz with a month?

4. I think i might just check the seal on it when I have a chance maybe it's not so good, if anything I'll buy a a few new jars so as the stash gets lower o can move it as my needs/amounts change for the course of a few weeks to a few months, thanks for your input/help.

5. Mason jar in a cool dark place, and you can put a silica in there.

6. I suggest getting a humidifier packet! I use Boveda and it works really well.

7. #7 Grinder12000, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    What about using an actual humidor - I was thinking of putting stash with my cigars but was wondering about the 60% humidity might be too much?

Place stash in glass and THEN humidor?

8. What humidity level would be ideal?

I have a shit ton of boveda packs for my humis.

I have 65%, 69%, and 72%.

Or would it even matter?

9. The ideal range is 59-63

Your 65% would be best, I used a 72 (head shop didn't have the 62) in my last cure and I loved the results

10. boveda packs - sounds like 62% is best according to the bovada people. How long do those last - let's say you opened you stash every day - would they last a month? few weeks? I have zero clue.

11. Depending on what size of pouch but my big pouch was in a jar with flowers for about 1 month cureing and another month of getting opened everyday for use and the pouch still feels fresh with plenty of life

12. I keep mine in a C-Vault. It uses the Boveda packs.

13. Opening it every day, I'd say you'll get a month depending on how long you are keeping it open and the humidity level of the room you are in.

But you can recharge the packs once they go dry. Boveda will tell you that you can't but that BS. I've been using the same 4 packs for 3 years in my humi.

Once they go crunchy, just put them in a airtight container, or even a ziplock baggie, with a wet sponge. It takes a few week, but they fully recharge. the trick is to start recharging them before they go completely hard otherwise it takes forever.

Buy a 4 pack and just keep cycling them and you should be golden!!