Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why I prefer joints over blunts (opinion)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BongRips4Jesus, Jan 15, 2016.

1. I know the infamous decade long argument, blunts vs joints. I'm gonna tell you why I like joints over blunts. (this is just an opinion, no need to be salty)

I have a few friends that prefer to smoke weed with blunts, but I really don't like to. I've done it a lot before, but for a decent amount of reasons, I prefer joints.

First off, when you buy blunt wraps, you're funding evil tobacco companies.
    Secondly, you get more of the flavor of weed in joints.
    Even though they burn quicker, they are very easy to roll, especially the 1/2 sized papers, those are the bomb.
    When you smoke blunts, you get nicotine into your system. I understand it isnt a lot but I just don't like it.
    One dude's lungs started to bleed because he smoked too many blunts
    Lastly, joints (other than bongs) are the symbol of marijuana smoking.

What are your thoughts?

Do you like joints or blunts? Why?

Happy Smoking.

• Like Like x 1

2. I only roll in certain situations, but usually always smoke blunts for the following reasons:

- 2 pack of cigarillos or wraps can be bought with spare change... some gas stations charge 3-5 dollars for papers... while I know that buying a pack of papers is cheaper in the long run, I roll so infrequently I prefer just throwing a few quarters down for a special occasion blunt.

- Slow burning conserves weed for me. I don't roll because it wastes weed, but blunts seems to be way better at burning slower and conserving the herb.

- Sometimes the flavoring of the blunt compliments the weed, such as a tropical fusion swisher sweet.

I don't smoke cigarettes and certainly hate the thought of inhaling tobacco, but I prefer blunts.

3. I prefer j's too. I like rolling them, and you don't need as much bud to make a decent one. Also the whole thing about blunt wraps being rough on the respiratory. On the positive side, blunts are easier to roll and taste better (sry I'm too hood, I still prefer grape or blueberry blunt wraps), and think it tastes better than plain papers or even flavored papers (using mango currently though). Blunts do burn slower for sure.

4. I prefer blunts because they don't get soggy and weak like a joint does. Blunts are also more fun to smoke, imo, and the thick wrapping helps the blunt burn nice and evenly.

5. A smart blade!!! Thank you for posting this. Yes I agree that joints are better because you get full flavor and no nasty tobbacco or nicotine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I prefer joints also [​IMG]

I only smoke blunts if I'm with some friends

• Like Like x 1

7. I prefer joints over blunts for the exact same reason you do plus one added point. I have bad nerves and when I smoke even the best of strains-I don't get half as high as a J session because the nicotine reverses the cannabinoid and terpine profiles. One step up, two steps back. So what's the point in wasting all that herb in something I can't even really enjoy?

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. tobacco is disgusting, so...

🐜

9. I smoke a lot more joints, but I do prefer blunts. They seem a lot more flavourful and deep.

10. Blunts are cheaper for my needs and they're easier to roll well. Beyond those reasons though, I prefer joints because I like to take my time rolling and getting that perfect j. It's an intimacy with your marijuana. Tucking that gram to sleep in a little joint blanket. Melts my little heart.

11. I prefer joints as well, I think blunts taste terrible and ruin the flavor of the weed... I actually prefer glass over anything because I love the taste of clean, pure bud!

12. Yeah thats cool, I mean the zig zag blunt wraps are cool, I just bought a pack and I'm pleased with them, even for a blunt. I'm gonna start smoking these a bit more, but not insanely.

13. I prefer joints because I like the taste of weed w/o flavored tobacco added

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I usually smoke blunts myself, im also a pack a day smoker so the nicotine doesnt bother me. Most of the weed around here is mids or mexi-brick if you're real unlucky. The flavoured blunt wraps usually help cover up the taste.

sent from the starship enterprise.

15. I used to always smoke joints, but after a while you get tired of watching half of it burn down while you're not even hitting it, and if you're not using king sized papers then you have to roll way too many to have a solid sesh.
    With a blunt, I can roll 1-3 grams into just one, it's significantly less time consuming than smoking joints, and you're not left with a ton of little roaches at the end of the day that have nasty yellow looking herb in them.
    Blunts for me lads.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. They both serve their purpose, but I prefer blunts. The nicotine is definitely a minus instead of a plus, but the flavor's not bad, it burns slower, and is all around easier to smoke, imo.

17. Ahhhh, yes. The infamous historical argument. People tend to think blunts burn slower than joints. That is only partially true. Not true though, if you buy king sized raw papers or wiz khalifa papers, anything of that sort, you can roll up a blunt sized joint that tastes twice as good and burns just as slow.
    Blunts are sturdier than joints, less fragile. This is really the only strong point of a blunt for me. The tobacco leaf hardens nicely.
    It's all habit. Both have their strong points but joints give much more reason to be smoked than blunts do. An occasional blunt is nice, for a specific occasion or event, but day to day, joints are king.
    Cigars used for blunts contain tobacco and nicotine, which aren't good for the lungs. The way I see it, save that lung power for pure bud!

18. Definitely joints for me on the sole fact that there is no tobacco involved, just the herb and whichever paper I am smoking, usually Raws. I also roll with a crutch so my joints stay nice and sturdy

19. I'll smoke blunts like nothin then turn around & smoke joints like theres no tommorow so im 50/50 .. but shit im on t break for now & also thinkin about quittin because havin short breath is not the business ... blunts are good for the flavorfull slow burn & joints are great for that natural taste down to the last roach ..

20. Blunts are much easier to roll, burn slower and stay evenly lit the entire time as opposed to joints. There are many more choices of blunt wrap too so you can switch it up. Although they aren't great for you, they're ideal for parties, cruising and i disagree that joints are the symbol of weed because for one it's gotta be the pot leaf lol and pretty much everyone associates cheap cigars with weed now. Blunts are the OG way to smoke imo you don't see pac and biggie with joints you see blunts in all their videos lol