First grow ever 400W HID indoor grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GREENberet, Jan 14, 2016.

1. #41 dr_baskin_rays, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
    Awesome! Nice bushy ladies! I'm a week into the 12/12 flip myself. Here's to a bountiful harvest!

2. Things are definitely looking up in your jungle of green, very nice. Bud city here we come[​IMG]! Wait till you see your ladies take off now, I always saw a lot of growth for the first month after the big switch. You've got some great people on this site that can always get you through any issues. They taught me almost everything I learned about growing before I actually jumped in, particularly when I moved indoors. Best of luck with the switch, I'll be stopping by again. Time for a wake n' bake [​IMG]

The Mello one

3. Thinking about doing some defoliation when I get home.. Anyone have any input on how much? I was just going to take off all of the big dark green fan leaves since they're pretty much done with them anyhow I believe.

4. I only defo when I have a super tight indica and even then I'm very selective just pulling the main stems oldest big fans..
    Now down at the end a week before harvest I will strip a majority of the fans just to keep the crap out of the good trimmings of sugars..
    Keep in mind my flowering room is outside so I don't have light penetration issues..
    My 2 cents.. I know mrsilly is working with some defo on his new indoor setup..
    BNW

5. I would try tucking the big fan leaves before removing them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Alright thanks y'all. I'm gonna just leave them be for now . Might as well not stress them out. I'm ready for some buds! Come on ladies!!

7. Subbed buddy. I got my first official grow journal going in ny sig only a few days in. Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Thanks for stopping in morbid! You came at the right time my friend. Things are about to get exciting soon. Enjoy!

9. #49 GREENberet, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455460811.332269.jpg
    Showing a little love on Valentine's Day . Girls are getting bushy and hairs are stretched out. They get one more watering here in a day or so then another feeding.

On another note I purchased my first vaporizer and I've fallen in love. I quit smoking cigarettes a year ago and this has given me the final escape from smoke inhalation. It's great. Nothing but hot air melts the trichs and releases the chemicals via mild vapor. Lungs feel ten times better now. Mine is a pulsar Lux-D. Looking at higher end models now that I've got a feel for it. ( because it's definitely a learning curve as far as inhaling) anyhow happy V day blades.

Toke on

10. Looking good buddy

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Whats fim? Lol

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I know I'm late but your right to leave your leaves alone in veg and beginning of flowering. The people I know that defoiliate, do it at day 21 flowering and day 45. But it's also strain dependent. Indicas react better to defoiliating than sativas. Imo

13. FIM = Fuck I Missed.. It's topping but higher so you nip more of the leafed section and not just stem..
    I'd just LST her (low stress training) bend her over and tie her down.. Keeps the growth speed up where topping and FIM tend to slow growth..
    BNW

14. thanks much

15. Alright this was the other day. The beginning of week 2 of flowering now. Getting hairy and starting to get a heavier hint of weed when I open my tent up.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455968513.480788.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455968528.296483.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455968540.331493.jpg

16. Lookin really good dude! Keep the pictures coming!

17. Just bought my first vape and I cant wait !

I have a smokers cough I'd love to be rid of.

210 watt perpetual box
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394922-210-watt-3.5-sq-ft-Northern-Lights-and-White-Widow:

18. I like mine alright. It's definitely a learning curve and I don't feel that the high doesn't last as long. I'm going to dabble in making BHO as well as bubble bag hash and invest in a concentrate vaporizer. How do you like the performance of yours?