First grow ever 400W HID indoor grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GREENberet, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453740863.918984.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453740881.802498.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453740896.287634.jpg

Update of the girls. Their last LST until flower. Due to time restrictions I am going to flip the lights as soon as they get up to about 12" now. One of the bubblegum are still pretty small but super close node spacing. It also happens to be one of the ones I did not top. I can defiantly tell the difference in the lower growth compared to that of the others that were topped. So I'm thinking we can flip by the end of the month putting harvest sometime in March I hope.

Toke on blades.

2. Nice start for a nube! Your girls look really happy and a nice green foliage. I agree with the earlier post about doing them all, otherwise you'll be having issues with the height of the girls and have to use some blocks of wood or something to keep them all an equal distance from the lights. But, thats some pretty advanced stuff with the Fim/LSTing for a nube, but it looks like you've got it locked in pretty well. I'm subbed and will be following your grow with anxious abandon [​IMG].

Be well and toke on! The Mello one..

3. Fimming and LST is not that advanced, anyone can do it successfully. How far are the lights from the tops of the plants? I know most people don't think it is super important but what type of MH are you using. also how old is the bulb?

4. Everything is brand new out of the box. And yes the LST and FIM was simple I started fairly early. And the lights are around 18-20" away from the lights. And idk about the brand. As stated in my first post in here, it's a cheaper start up kit not sure of the brand tbh. El cheapo luminescence? Seems to be doing the trick

Toke on

5. Looks great. If u flip at end of Jan. Your harvest will be at beginning of April right?

6. yes give or take depending on conditions. Fingers crossed

7. Just flipped my White Widow X Big Bud into flower last Friday!

8. #28 AnonymousBuds, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    nutes for flower I use is Molasses used in BiWeekly watering and muriate of potash lightly(0-0-60) top dressed at the start of Flower.

Basically use a potassium booster during flower. Organic or bottled, your choice. But certainly use something. Peak production requires Different Nutes in its different stages.

As He said check the PH. As often as you water or at least every other. Because it drastically changes unless using a specific water source like RO system. I went and bought gallons of RO water for about 30c a gallon. I'd fill 15 gallons at a time on my way home from work twice a week roughly. I'd water Five gallons twice a week. Sometimes slightly less depending on the Plants and room temp ect.

The strain dictates the harvest time. Some strains harvest in 54 days some in 80 days. That's a whole month longer. So make sure both strains harvest times. To avoid an accidental early harvest. But typically yeah around beg. April or beg. Of may for longer strains.

Hey NORML56 are you part of a norml chapter? Of so where I'm trying to get one set up in Central PA.

I'm subbed up to watch the grow though. I just the last of my buds from last Junes harvest. I pulled 19oz off two plants under a 1000w system in a tent I made. Lasted 8Months. I was living in Mi and was a legal MMJ patient.

9. Ok here's an update of the ladies. This is a few days before they go to flower.. They'll have one last feeding before then... Stoked. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454406865.891413.jpg

Everything seems to be going great. I'm very keen to not hurt these girls and have been paying a close eye to them. I'll start my potassium nutes as soon as flowering starts..

Stay tuned!!

: wake and bake:

10. Looks Good so far. Like I said though pay attention to the NL they harvest in 45-50 day, bubble gum harvest 56-64 days. You harvest to early the weed will lose potency. You harvest to late it will also lose potency. Do you have a tricome viewer or some type of magnification lenses. If not pick one up by day 40 for sure. I'm guessing here but you NL will prolly be done around day 46 and the bubblegum 60. Depending on what type of high you are Trying to get out of them. You could let the NL gone longer to match up with the bubblegum though

11. Yea I've got a 40x and a 100x magnification lenses and the "Northern" strain I'm thinking is norther berry. Because the dispensary where I got it called it northernlight berry... This strain I can't find anywhere but I can find northern berry. So that's what I'm calling it now. That being said the harvest times are a little closer. But have no fear I'll be sure to keep a close eye on them. Stay tuned I'll be sure to have some pretty ladies so enough!

12. i'm subbed in. very nice looking specimens!

13. Alright y'all its the last update of the girls before we go to flower. This is right after their last bottom feeding. 2nd total in Veg. They are steady gaining 1+ inches a day and I've had to move my light several times. So here we go... Couple more days and the hps is going in and the fun begins... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454683960.860916.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454683983.197095.jpg
    Bubblegum and the stems

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454684037.888204.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454684076.711524.jpg
    Northern berry and stems

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454684119.232549.jpg

The nutes are from humboldt nutrients.

Toke on blades

14. Very nice! Those will put on some really nice weight under the HPS. Mine is just starting to show some nice hairs after 8 days in flower.

15. thanks. Do you have a link to your journal? I'll stop by. I figure 1-2 days and I'll be flipping. SO PUMPED!

16. Should be in my signature

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Lol my bad. I can't see them on my iPhone all the time.

18. Here we go! 2 days into flower and a watering yesterday and they seem nice and happy! :toke: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455193229.654202.jpg

Let the games begin!