First Indoor Grow - Sour Diesel + Moby Dick @ 400W HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by c700, Jan 13, 2016.

1. #1 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    • I'm starting them off at a 12/12 light cycle because of space and time limits (ok, and money).
    • I use light soil, only feeding them a bloom fertilizer.
    • 11 liter pots.
    • Grow room is 60 cm x 60 cm.
    • Using a little shit fan for ventilation. It's winter and my room is ice cold so whatever.
    • 5 x Sour Diesel (Royal Queen Seeds)
    • 1 x Moby Dick (Dinafem)

I can't upload images larger than 1 MB for some reason, so I have to shrink them.

Here is the baby Moby.

0.jpg

2. #2 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    Day 6

You might notice that I planted 2 seeds in each of 2 of the pots. That's because 2 of the 4 first seeds wouldn't open up, so I panicked and planted another seed in there. Not the smartest desicion I've ever made.

The seed 2nd from bottom right is interesting. It wouldn't open up, so I had to force it open carefully. It doesn't really have any stem above soil, so the leaves are just above the soil.

6.jpg

3. #3 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    Day 13

The Moby Dick, top right, is VERY fast and lives up to its name. One of the Sour Diesels are doing very well also. Some of the leaves are looking pretty curly, especially in the bottom right.

13.jpg

4. #4 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    Day 20

Shit's getting crazy.

I fed them bloom fertilizer once, very lightly, and the Sour Diesels aren't liking it too well. The newer leaves are clawing down, hinting at nitrogen toxicity, but otherwise it's going good.

I have done no plant training at all, and the Moby Dick actually split itself into 2 main stems BY ITSELF. Don't know if that is normal, but it's appreciated.

20.jpg

5. #5 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    Day 27

The leaves were taking over. I had to defoliate. A lot. I also tried to do a little LST, but I'm not talented in that area. The Moby Dick looks molested, but it recovers very fast.

It also doesn't react negatively to my fertilzier so it's my favorite right now.

27.jpg

6. #6 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    Day 39

Some of the buds are actually growing beyond my light hood. But I don't want to raise my light, because the lower buds would be getting less light then.

Not sure what to do about that, but the plants are doing great anyway. I've defoliated a couple times since, and they seem happy about it. Buds are getting good light.

One of my plants, the one seen in the lower part of the 3rd picture, is very funny. It's different from the rest. All the leaves are silky smooth, just like baby leaves, and they're very light neon green. Even the older ones. They never go dark or hard as they get old. I like that one.

The smell when I touch the buds is AMAZING. Unlike any weed I've smelled before. Imagine the most delicious cake in the universe.

Attached Files:

• 39.jpg
      39.jpg
      File size:
      341.7 KB
      Views:
    • 39 2.jpg
      39 2.jpg
      File size:
      617.4 KB
      Views:
    • 39 3.jpg
      39 3.jpg
      File size:
      449.3 KB
      Views:
  7. #7 TheGreenSheep, Jan 13, 2016
    wow those look real close to that light, careful nothing gets burnt. You should try and cut off the lower stems to give more light penetration to the four main colas. The lower branches wont produce as much and then the plant can devote more of her resources into the four main stalks increasing quality bud production and getting the tops out of the hood.

That or try and bend the many stems to also increase light penetration. in order to give light to the big stems currently growing above your light.

Ladies look good and wouldn't want to see them with burnt tips.

8. #8 c700, Jan 13, 2016
    You're right. I just looked and some of my top leaves are getting a little yellow. But I'm not happy about cutting off whole stems. The most I'll do is cut off fan leaves.

And I'll admit something here. I don't know how to raise my light. And I'm really bad at knots, so bending stems down stems takes me hours and usually ends up bad.

It's a miracle I've made it this far.

My next update will tell how I'll deal with this.