Barneys Farm - 5 Cookies Kush. My first grow (LED) (Indoor) (Soil)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medi Cali, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dude, that's beautiful and I exactly how I want my plants to look. How many colas are you going for? I'm trying to decide between 4 - 8

2. I'm going for 8 each, some have more..

3. I am really thinking about switching from a 600 watt hps to 2 Mars. I'm not even looking to get 600 watts anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Well Mars lights are super cheap and they seem to be working pretty well <sup></sup>
    Hopefully they work this well in flower too

5. Hey guys, its been a while. I've been busy. Here are some pictures I took once I got my carbon filter in place and the new bigger CFM fan hooked up. I got a 440 CFM with an adjustable speed controller which i've been using at around medium. I also used the original exhaust fan (240 cfm) as an intake fan now.

Thanks Gusenator for the Idea! the temperature is staying around 75 now :)
    Let me know what you think of my babies.

Here's my beast of a carbon filter:
    IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1766.JPG

Intake fan:
    IMG_1762.JPG

And the babies!!!
    IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG

I took these pictures 1-21-2016. I'll try to upload some more up to date pictures this weekend.

6. Hellyeah nicely done! Glad the intake fan idea helped you out! I foresee some nice buds in your future!

Keep on rocking

:wave:

7. Lookin good Medi Cali!!

8. nice setup they look good just one thing you do realize that they will have to be transplanted regardless because cannabis when it's in its veg form it will literally Stretch roots as far as possible until it hits barriers for some reason indoor seams to do this only unlike outdoor but still those will have to be bigger than your current pots and if grow space is limited then be careful 5 10 gallon planters is a lot of space

9. They don't have to be transplanted Medi C... Don't worry. Bigger containers allow for for bigger roots but your fabric containers allow for air pruning so I promise you don't have to worry about your pots.. Sure.. You could grow too big of a plant in too small of a container but I don't think your planning on growing trees just yet...

I just pulled 10+ zips in a 7 gallon fabric pot..

No offense trikthegrower420, your kinda right I'm what you say about root growth but do you grow in fabric containers? If so your roots are air pruning themselves too..

Again!! Bigger pots are better.. More medium=bigger roots=bigger fruits... But I think Medi Cali will be fine and I don't want them worrying over that.. Much more damage could be done transplanting and then potentially running out of space on top of it.

10. [​IMG]
    The 5 gallon SIPs I build are about the smallest that really work well for what we grow.. With a 3 gallon soil space the plants have plenty of soil to work with for the 2 months I flower them..
    The 3 gallon buckets were a bust way to small both in soil and water chamber space..
    The 17s do slightly better then the 5s but not enough so that it's worth the space they take up.. Doesn't matter since I'm outside but for limited space tent growers a 5 gallon SIP is about perfect
    Some of the 17s.. 5s and the defunct and tossed 3s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Current plants in both the 17s and 5s further down the patio..
    [​IMG]

My final veg stage pots are 8x8x10 so I have to start with an empty 5 gallon SIP set the plant in and very little additional soil is needed to fill in maybe a gallon and a half..
    [​IMG]
    But that's enough fresh organic soil and nothing is needed but hose water to start to finish..
    BNW

11. Thanks for the comments guys and those are some beautiful plants btw. I hope one day they start making outdoor cultivation more legal because I would love to take advantage of some sunlight one day.

• Like Like x 1

12. Here's an update! Since my last post, I have mainlined 2 times already on all 5 plants. I plan to top them again soon once they get a few more nodes. Have you guys tried mainlining and then using the tops you trimmed to make clones?
    I'm considering it but not sure if they would survive very well.

Here's Some pictures.

IMG_1777.JPG

I wish I had originally planted these in 10 gallon pots. My 5 gallon seem a little small for 5 gallon but it could be the brand root pouches, I'm not sure.

I've been seeing pale green spots on my leaves. Anyone think they might know what these are from?
    I don't want to over do it on the nutes by doing something wrong.
    IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG

Any help is greatly appreciated. You guys rock!

13. Nice man! Yeah you can clone the tops of the plant when you top it man! Works just fine lol be careful how often you top, it can stress the plant out if too often and then the stems take a while to thicken back up. But you're doing great man! Let me wake up a bit more and I'll come back and look at the leaf pics again and try n think on it

14. #56 Medi Cali, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Do you guys think the pictures of the leaves are Cal/Mag def, nitrogen deficiency, or nitrogen burn?

I can't tell the difference

15. They are sometimes to tell the difference.. Do you tend to think it might be one or the other? Have you used cal/Mag? Nitrogen deficient would just be overall yellowing,, I doubt it's nitrogen burn either... If you have given cal/mag... You could do a flush and LITFA and don't stress too much over it.. It happens .. If you aren't giving a Cal/mag, I would look into it. Mainly though, don't stress too much about it.. It's a leaf on a plant.. If your entire plant starts to show signs, holler.. But don't panic, lots of help around here

16. So it's been a while since I did an update, so here are some fresh pictures![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. So I think I uploaded then in reverse chronological order but basically these are the before and after pictures of topping my babies for the 3rd time.
    I plan on vegging until the end of March, anyone have any advice as to train these plants. They are growing super bushy and indica-y, should I lollipop before switching to flower and just let them bush out until then or should I trim them every 2 weeks?

18. Also, I've been trying to clone the tops so we will see if they live. Just wish I had a bigger veg room and a room for flowering. It would be sweet to have perpetual harvests going but it's hard with just one tent.