Barneys Farm - 5 Cookies Kush. My first grow (LED) (Indoor) (Soil)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medi Cali, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Hello sirs! New here, trying to get around and get involved! I'm running a king led 300 watt in my flower tent.

Cloned 6 plants off 2 random bagseed I had, and after I transplanted them (with fox farm ocean forest soil) they started clawing about a week after the transplant. I've considered that he soil was hot and am going to flush tomorrow. Here's a pic, shitty I know.. But lights are off now so this is all I got! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452571143.550150.jpg

2. They're clawing due to ffof fresh nutes, never transplant after flowering in time release nutes they probably have N toxicity very minor. Just give it time don't flush it will make it worse.

3. Here a pic I took this morning of the oldest. She's 3 weeks flowering since Sat. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452603425.904460.jpg .
    The others I will let ride out and only water for a while until the nitrogen lessens.

4. They're looking good a Lil too green but the clawing isn't really bad. How long you flowering?

5. As of right now I'm not exactly certain. It was a random seed I had to experiment growing in a 2 liter bottle. It seems more sativa so I'm thinking it will go at least 8 if not 9 weeks. This coming sat. brings her to week 4.

6. She kinda looks like a indica do to the shortness and the leaves being fat.

7. Looking good..! I agree about the fans. They will help and an exhaust fan too...
    Turning off one light for now would be fine. I used to grow in FFOF and liked it.. You can let those plants of yours grow for 3-4 weeks with very little added nutrients.. After that adding them will be okay... The co2 is really more for closed room setups where the environment is super controlled and your PPM can be maintained. You asked me ahoy cal/mag.. I did use it when I grew in soil at the recommended dosage. I only had one issue with light bleaching and I was told it was caused by my UV bulb being directly under that bud... The bud grew out of it though..

8. I agree with that as well probably a mixture of both, but I gotta say the top leaves are so thin it had me thinking otherwise haha. I guess I'll get a better idea with how long it flowers for.

9. Thanks for all the comments guys. [​IMG] I'll probably be posting some updated pictures Thursday or Friday. I currently have a 240 CFM exhaust fan, but I'm definitely going to pick up some more fans for inside the tent so the air circulates more and the plants get more of a breeze. I'm also going to get longer venting so I can get the hot air farther away from the tent. I think that will help a lot for now, I guess we will see.

What kind of cal/mag ferts did you use?
    Also, I might end up useing the ice box fan thing if it keeps getting too hot.
    Have any of you guys tried this for CO2?
    https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/can-yo...

Also, do you think its possible for me to be able to try mainling successfully on my first grow as a noob? lol

You guys are Awesome!

10. Subscribed! I have the same set up and am at about the same grow stage as you.

[​IMG]

11. Main lining isn't hard. Give it a shot on one of them to see a comparison. I have one going now... 16 tops...

I used Botanicare Cal/Mag and just followed the directions.. You can do too much and it will lockout other nutrients.. So below recommended dosage or at recommended dosage!

The ice and fan will work but only for a short time.. You'll be back and forth all the time.. Lol.. Best to find a permanent fix... I get those fans will help..

You are exhausting the warm air into a different room, right? That will make a big difference if you're not!

Good luck!

12. #33 Medi Cali, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
    Sweet, I'll pick up some. And yeah I am, My venting is a little short so I have to get a longer one. I might eventually make the ice box fan to col it down if continues to be in the high temperatures.

I just took some more pictures. One of my plants looks like its falling over, Anyone have an idea about what this could be?

This is the PH of the runoff I had when I watered them last.
    I think its a little low for soil right? 5.92
    What do you guys think?
    IMG_1738.JPG

Here are the plants, they are getting so much bigger [​IMG]
    IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1741.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1739.JPG

13. Looking good in there! Soil should be In the 6.5-6.8 range i believe. Ffof has shown to be 6.0 in my current setup.

Those are all from clones?

14. Nice.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Looking good, I'm going to stay for the show. I have the same tiny fan in my flower tent.

16. Nope, these are all from seed. Hopefully they are all female lol

17. soil runoff is always a little bit low, mine is a constant 5.8.. but your plants look pretty good to me, use microbes to regulate the ph, I use that and dolo lime to keep my ph in range, don't put botanicare cal-mag in soil though, only use it as a foliar. the nitrates in it kill the microbes and you will have problems regulating your ph. I'd transplant into super sweet dolomite lime amended soil 6 tablespoons per 5 gallon pot, giving you all the calcium and magnesium you need for the life of the plant, and regulating ph to the 6.5-7 range.

18. unless you are going full chem then go ahead and cal-mag it up. but thats more for coco-ish grows.

19. And I think you should mainline, as long as you keep em short with blue light while training them they will be nice and strong!
    I'm mainlining almost all my plants right now