Kronicly Insanes 2016 indoor adventures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kronicly Insane, Jan 10, 2016.

1. is it just a personal preference to clone to sex? or is it faster then waiting for them to show naturally?

2. whats your temps like with that t5? i want to run that 4x 8 bulb in a 5x5 for my outdoor starts.

3. You can prematurely put the clones in 12/12 and they will sgow sex quickly.

You can do this without interfering with a long veg cycle for your main plants.

I don't personally do it tgis way... but that'd the general idea why

210 watt perpetual box
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394922-210-watt-3.5-sq-ft-Northern-Lights-and-White-Widow:

4. I used the tops I took from the parent plants but a clone can be taken from any part of the plant. By using a clone to sex I can continue to veg the parent plant while the clone shows the sex. Each clone is labeled and corresponds to the parent plant. I didn't want to flower out parent plants and keep a clone. I went with a main line like growing technique so I didn't want parents to be put in reveg.

5. Right now I'm not running an intake or exhaust fan. I got one clip on fan that's blowing across the plants and my temps have averages 72-78 currently.

6. I thought of taking a cutting and placing it under 12/12 but I wanted to be safe and make sure they all rooted first. I may use some of these clones to cross strains and produce my next gen of strains.

7. If you're interested in breeding I suggest the advanced growers forum. It explains all the basics to breeding and locking down a characterist you like in a strain

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

8. Ok so today's update. Let me start with I forgot to take pics do I'll take a few within the next few days. Today I drained the flushing solution and replaced with flowering nutrients. Ppm was 1200 and ph is set at 5.8. Temps have been staying under 80 and roots are exploding out the pots. As far as the parent plants; I took down the two flood tables and spread the plants out. I only have 2 MH bulbs so the other side of the tent is running HPS until Thursday. I have two more bulbs ordered and they will arrive on Thursday. It was far cheaper to buy bulbs from Amazon compared to the hydro store. So 2 days under HPS won't harm them. It was nice to finally have the complete lighting setup running. Up until today only 2 lights have been used in the big tent. The next task I have is to get to defoliating the plants of unneeded branches and leaves. I have noticed that every time I water I notice a bit of Santa beard growing across the top of the soil. For those unaware of what Santa beard is; it with white cotton like growth on top of the soil. It is a great sign that the soil is living and healthy. It's beneficial to any garden is promotes healthy plants.

9. Well got my two other MH bulbs and I found that one of my ballast took a dump already. Oh well it gets replaced tomorrow. The plants however are looking great. I should start seeing plants sex here within the next week or so. Enjoy the pics. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455336929.393489.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455336941.509573.jpg

10. Oh yess. Can't wait to see my tent. Monday it will be here along with my new t5 ;-) make sure you drop by my new thread bro!

11. Link it so I don't have to search.

12. Well I feel like a dump ass. Today I exchanged a ballast that stopped working. Tonight for some reason it made me think what I would have to go to fix it and I just realized they have a fuse. I had one burn out before (1000watt) and I checked it and sure enough it was burned out. So I'm thinking maybe that's what happened to the 600w. My buddy wasn't at the grow store and it got replaced with a slightly better brand. Should I worry that one ballast us a different brand? I can't believe I never checked for a fuse. I wish my buddy would have told me to check the fuse. Oh well. Everything is up and running again and I have two 1000w digital ballast that I'm not currently using. Maybe it's time for a garage sale on grow gear. I have extra magnetic ballast, grow hood, grow tent, t8 lights, LED lights and GeoPots. Lots of shit I don't really need. I just don't like the fact that selling grow gear make people look differently at you.

13. Fuck what people think about anything. They don't know you or what you have. Look what people thought about me! Lol. Sheesh! I have feeling I'll be needing a MH in a couple months. That t5 isn't going to last me till may. It might but the plants will lose out on penetration and potential.

How long have those plants been under that t5? How long do you think you can adequately veg with that t5? Remember my tent is 5x5 and light is dam near same size

14. Ok so no one called me a dumbass I just was saying I made a rookie mistake. That's what happens when products don't include instructions. How in hell would I ever had known to look for a hidden fuse.

Anyways I have kept plants under T5's for 2 months while vegging. As plants get bigger each light will cover less plants. I made the mistake of having 12 in a 4'6'x4'6" and they got too big and some of the plants got suffocated and I lost some lower branches and a few of them. This tells me the light wasn't strong enough. I had 2 4' 8 bulbs t5 fixtures running and it still wasn't strong enough. I would recommend using a MH light. Your plant will do so much better and in my personal experience I have found better and faster growth under MH. I recommend the t5's for cloning, young plants and possible for mother plants that have been thinned out. Are you planning to run indoors or the tents for vegging outdoor plants prior to being ready for od?

15. I was called a but more then that! But shit man....I was talking about people judging you for selling your old stuff.....thanks for giving me the flashbacks. Almost shed a tear....almost.....lol ;-)

Yes, this for my starts for outdoor this year.

16. I really don't give a damn what other think. It's the fact that selling old gear can make you a target. Maybe I worded it wrong.

17. We're on the same boat. That's the only thing I'd worry about is being a target. Well hopefully that t5 will carry me to planting.

18. I got an extra 1000w digital ballast and even a 6" air cooled hood. Pm if interested.

19. They are coming along. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455873576.797987.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455873589.063073.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455873597.298314.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455873606.947613.jpg