Kronicly Insanes 2016 indoor adventures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kronicly Insane, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Hi blades,
    For those who don't know me I am Kronicly Insane, AKA KI. I am a disabled Army Veteran and use cannabis to treat my many disabilities. I live in NorCal and am prop 215 complaint and also grow for my lady ( breast cancer survivor) and my mom. I have been growing for over 5 years and have experience with indoors and out. I spend a bit of ever day expanding my knowledge and working to improve each grow. With the New Year I decided to upgrade my old indoor grow equipment and expand into a new grow room. My new grow set up features 3 grow rooms. They are the following sizes. 4 x 4 closet room for mothersand clones , 4'6" x 4'6" x 6'6" for vegging out clones for 2+ weeks, and a new Gorilla 8' x 8' x 7' dedicated to flowering.

Flowering tent will have two 4' x 4' flood tables filled with Hydroton for now and will eventually have the second set of tables added. I'm running a 70 gallon res. Right now I'm using that side to veg my plants j have in soil. I will be running 2400 watts of HPS and plan to flood each table for 10 mins ever 4hrs. For exhaust I'm cooling each pair of lights with a 6" can fan each with its own carbon filter. Intake will be 8" can fan. I plan to add co2 in the future and will be adding a mini split a/c come spring/summer. Each tray will hold 16 plants giving each plant 1 sq ft. Plants will be Scrog so entire area if utilizated.

Veg tent will also have 4' x 4' flood table with 50 gallons res. Lighting will be a 8 bulb 4' T5. Plants will be vegged in 6" net pots filled with coco. The tables are filled with Hydroton to fill the gaps.

Mother room will have plants in soil in 7 gallon GeoPots and use T5 8 bulb 4' light. I also have a 1000w light that can be used is the T5 is not enough light. Clones will have their own 2' 4 bulb T5 light. I have A 10" can fan that will be used.

Currently I have 29 plants started from Regular seeds. They have been growing in organic soil for about a month and where topped and cloned last Sunday. Cutting are in an extra cloner and should start showing roots witching the next few days. Once roots are fully established they will get transplanted into 3" pots with soil to get sexed.

Strains I'm working are
    Cbd
    Charlotte's Web
    Harliquin

Thc
    Dr Kush
    GDP
    Purple Skunk
    Skunkberrry x Northernberry
    Flowerbomb Kush x Painkiller

Once plants are sexed hopefully I get at least one male from CW and Harliquin. I plan to cross them and create my own cbd strains.

Nutrients that I will be using are Nurtafield 2 part veg and bloom. So far nothing but plain tap water had been given to the plants. I look forward to growing using Flood and Drain and gave only heard great reviews. I feel I got a good feel for how thing will go and can wait to get plants into flowering. Feel free to ask questions and provide feedback. I will try my best to keep everything updates so other can learn how easy grow can be. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452416857.625952.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452416872.807922.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452416886.208060.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452416899.110754.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452416915.928008.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Subbed can't wait 2 see u really rocking

3. i'm along for the ride ... it'll be nice to see what an expert does.

4. Welcome to the grow. I wouldn't call myself an expert just a veteran grower.

5. On for the ride mate!

~GHG~

6. Welcome fellow soldier and grower.

7. Had the electrician stop by today to look at my set up so I can have my grow tents on their own breakers. The plan is to drop two lines. One 220 to power my 4 600 watt lights and one 110 line with two boxes to power t5 lights and the grow equipment. It's costing a bit more than I expected but it's being done the right way so when I sell the house no one will no about the grow. I'll just have an extra 220 outlet in the garage. I can't wait to get this set up finished.

As far as my plants. I mixed up so Earth Juice nutrients watered all the plants with about a 1/2 gallon each. They all are doing great and are starting to recover from being topped. As for the clones. I used the tops as clones from the plant that where large enough to to be cloned. Today is day 8 since taken and a few have started rooting. I'm surprised the clones have stayed so green and rooted this easy. I knew it would take a bit longer to root because they where taken from the top but they are doing great. Once I have some decent roots they will get planted and will get vegged for a week max before I put them into flower to be sexed. Once sexed I will sort through the un needed mother/father plants. I may crossed Harliquin and Charlottes Web at this time or use the female plant to find my best female to use for breeding based of results.

Last photo is of my two puppies and member of my security team. They are Belgian Malinois from imported dogs that where turtles in KNPV ( Dutch protection work). They are from two unrelated litters and are 6 days apart in age. They are 6 month old and will be some amazing man eaters. I also have a third member of my QRF team. He's a 5 yo Boxer and the senior member of the team.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452582120.479422.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452582140.962547.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452582150.380205.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452582175.931349.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. veg veg veg...

the waiting is the hardest part.

• Like Like x 1

9. Best way to clone... I keep them in there for about 3 weeks until I have about 2' of roots.

~GHG~

10. Def a good idea to upgrade the power and a better idea to get it done right!! I can't imagine what a devastation a fire would be.

~GHG~

11. I got bad News today. I woke up to find out my town followed the footsteps of Modesto and banned all cannabis growing; both indoors and out. This puts a hamper on growing outdoors this year. It's only an ordnance so I will continue to grow indoors.

As for the plants, they are growing well. They where fed a normal dose of Earth Juice Nutes. The clones I took are rooting and most are showing some signs of roots. They are taking longer than normal which is probably due to being taken from the top of each plant. Once each cutting has good roots I will transplant and veg each for about a week than flipped to flowering. This way each clone should give me a few grams each. I have even given thought to use these to breed. This way I can destroy the male parent plants and keep the mothers I don't keep seedless. I decide to name my Flowerbomb Kush x Painkiller. I'm calling her Pain Grenade. The name ties back to the mother strains and honors my Army days. I hoping the electricity guy gets time to come wire my grow soon. I got about a week or so until I will absolutely need the lights.
    Here's an updated photo of the garden. I'm trying to keep up on this journal better than I have others in the past. I hope it can be used as a guide for new growers to learn to grow and help other growers interested in my methods used. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452848789.607793.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452848799.058133.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452848808.725570.jpg

12. Everything looks nice n healthy.
    Those roots should take off now that they've started.
    Looking forward to seeing that table up and running.

13. Hi kronic, im going to sub. I am starting my first flood and drain table as well. Only going to run a 2x2 though for my first try at it. Happy growing!!

Also, thank you for your service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Sorry to hear about the outdoor biz...

~GHG~

15. Received a care package in the mail today. Thanks to a friend in MA. I was going to test them outdoors but the recent ban my put these on hold until I get room indoors.

Looks like the electrician will get my wiring done this week. Gonna go get some MH bulbs to replace the T5. I checked the clones today and only a few don't have any roots. A few more days and everything should be rooted. I should be close to sexing plants within 2 weeks.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453019402.562835.jpg

16. All the plants are doing well. I was able to take clones a cutting from two GDP that where to small when I took the rest of the clones. As far as the clones. They are all tooted and some still have short roots so I don't want to take them out yet. I'm planning on giving them all until Saturday or Sunday before I transfer to containers to veg for a week or so then placed into flower. I included some photos of my flowering tent 8'x8'x7 and my veg tent 4'6"x4'6"x 6'6". Right more all the plants are in organic soil which once sexed will serve as mothers. Only the best female for select strains will be kept as mother and not all strains will be kept. I like to try new strains so I may start new strains every 6 months. I will however only replace half or less of the strains I grow. My plan is to keep two cbd strains and two THC strains. Maybe I will grow 2or more other strain at any given time. So far the temp in the tent have stayed über 78. I have not started the intake or exhaust fans so it should stay fairly stable once fans are run and temps warm around spring. Come summer I will have to add a mini split ac and may add co2 at that time also. Co2 is not currently needed and it's debatable if its worth the cost. My plans are to add a co2 burner but only after the garage is full insulated and has ac. No that everything is set up I can spend a few bucks and finish insulating the area of the garage that's not insulated. I also will add a radiant heat barrier to help keep it cooler come summer. We get hot summers with temps exceeding 100 a good portion of the summer. This year I may only have indoor due to the ban that looks like that is going to happen. I refuse to quit my indoor grow as the cops would need a warrant to come inside just to enforce and ordnance.
    It's exciting that my garden is getting to the point where it will be in full flowering mode. This will be my first flood and drain grow but I find it exciting and feel like I will do a good job. I will at one point have girls in soil and in the table flowering at the same time. The age of thespians may be different but they will give a good comparison for organic soil and hydro. I would love to continue to grow inside using soil but it is just to much work with my disabilities. Going f&d will take a lot of work out of growing. I will however keep the selected mothers in soil in their own room and will only grow in organic soil outdoor. Outside I also use labs which only improves there plants. So I got long winded. I smoke some hash mixed with my flower. I will say it is some good stuff and I feel bedtime coming very shortly. Enjoy the photos.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453442681.131142.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453442693.711416.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453442706.963766.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453442720.464216.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453442735.948380.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453442748.366401.jpg

17. I ordered some my bulbs to replace the t5 lights for the mother plants. I felt like they where not getting enough light coverage so I spread the t5 light apart and add a 1200 led light. I'm not a fan of the LED lighting but needed the supplemental light. Alone they seem to cause light burn. I think with it being in a larger tent it may not be as bad either. Regardless once I get the Mh build delivered I will plug in the ballast and take down the 2 t5 lights sets and the led light. One of the t5 will go to the veg tent and the other will go to my mother room. I may end up needed the second t5 for veg and if that happens I will fire up the 1000w ballast and get a my bulb for it or use a 600w bulb with the ballast turned down. Hopefully the t5 will be enough lighting as I prefer not to have to run the 1000 unless absolutely needed. It feel great with things coming together. It's been a long time spending sleepless night reading and planning. Lots of money has been spent getting to this point and I'm still a good ways from reaping any benefit for my investment. It will be nice to have a constant supply for home grown for me and my family members that I take care of. Too many clubs take advantage of sick people. Don't get me wrong clubs do provide a needed service and do lots of great things. I just think that they overprice the med's they sell and don't pay farmers what the meds are worth. They always are know for spreading bugs and disease.

18. Love the setup! I was originally going to go with a table setup, but then decided on ebb and flow buckets... I like the bucket concept because I could pull my plants for maintenance if need be. Still I hated trying to clean the tons and tons of clay pebbles it took to fill the system every two months. If the crappy buckets didn't leak through cracks that developed on the bottoms of the buckets, I would still be using the system. I'm stoked to see how the table works out for you. One of the things I worried about was the amount of evaporation and moisture that comes with a flood table...

~GHG~

19. I got my clones transplanted and put into my veg tent where they will get a week or so if veg then flipped to flowering. I will flower them in this tent until I can determine sex and then sort through the moms and male plants.
    Yesterday the all got put into 6" net pots filled with coco and put into the flood table filled with hydroton. I also received my mh bulbs and put the moms under mh and removed the T5's and LED light. It was nice to finally fire up the lights in the flowering tent and to start my journey into flood and drain. I have the table set to flood for 5 mins every 6 hours for now. I'll see how the plants react to this schedule. I may have to adjust the time slightly but I found 5 mins will be plenty of time to flood the table. Each 2x4 has its own pump. I forgot to check ppm last night after filling the rant but I checked ph and started with 5.8. I'm going to get a log book and keep track of the numbers and keep notes. I will take photos later today.