Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How would you describe sleeping while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BoobsDylan, Jan 8, 2016.

1. I'm interested in how each individual reacts to going to bed high, also during the dream state, and waking up. Wondering if there is an overwhelming majority.

I thought smoking up like 30 mins before sleeping was a waste for awhile, but I've got so much weed now I love going to bed super high, either listening to music or deep relaxing sleep playlists of just sounds.

~Falling asleep

Anyway, I fall asleep almost immediately if I lay down. I'll be out in 10 mins if I'm not doing anything.

~Dreaming

This is the only big drawback and negative for me. I do NOT dream! And it bugs me. If I go a day or two without smoking then all these vivid dreams come flooding at once. It's weird.

~Waking up

I wake up feeling like a million bucks. Between this amazing foam mattress and the weed I wake up with a smile on my face. And I'm happy to just lie there or jump right out of bed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I fall asleep and wake up fine. But dreaming? Same as you, I don't. 2 or 3 day's later, I'll start dreaming. Not vivid, but weird like, they don't make sense. I guess weeds great for ptsd.

3. Yes. Weed does something to quell the dream mechinism in us, and doctors say that is not healthy for us. We need to dream.

Anyways, The higher I am, the deeper i sleep. I can go 8 hours and wake up feeling great after smoking. Sometimes I wake up and i'm still a lil high.

4. It could be your dreaming but just cannot remember it because it puts you in such deep sleep.

5. I sleep less and wake up with way more energy. 6-8 hours if I haven't smoked and I wake up feeling tired, but if I went to bed ripped I'm good on 4-6 hours and feel great. The dreaming thing doesn't bother me because dreaming and I don't get along at all. Though if I do start smoking heavily/daily I start to dream again after a couple weeks

6. Sometimes i dream, sometimes i dont. Sometimes I sleep like a baby, sometimes not.
    Marijuana doesn't seem to have any negative effects on my sleep, just makes me tired when I smoke at night.

7. I prop myself up on the couch like a Roman emperor eating grapes. TV table next to the armrest with remote, big-ass cup of iced tea, tablet plugged in, snacks, spoon full of weed, and a lighter. Oh, and a warm comforter. My favorite spot.

I fight the sleep so I can stay up and smoke more weed and watch more tv in my ridiculously comfortable position, but I eventually slide down, stretch, and fall asleep with a smile on my face. Life is good.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I smoke becuase it helps me sleep. Nothing like a strong body high to put me in a deep sleep. I usually wake up feeling great as opposed to feeling like shit when I don't smoke.

I never dream when I sleep high but I hate dreaming so I love it.

9. #9 Grizzly Tracks, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    If I get a good workout or have plenty of exercise, it changes nothing and I sleep great with or without weed.

If I have a slugo day, weed makes me sloppy and lazy when I wake up.

10. I usually do end up going to sleep high because I predominantly smoke at night, it helps me sleep so much better, 8-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep every time, then when I don't smoke it takes longer to fall asleep and I end up waking up at random points in the night but that was happening before I started smoking too.

11. I normally dream when I'm high, granted, I cant remember a thing when I wake up in the morning lol.
    But aside from dreaming, I sleep like a baby on a cloud (Especially when my lower back starts getting to me,
    lol it puts an end to it). I normally wake up feeling refreshed and alert. (Something I don't normally get when
    I'm sober tbh).

Quite honestly, that only lasts 1 day..If I smoke for say 3 days or so straight, even 2 days straight
    a couple of hours before I fall alseep I wake up the next day feeling like crap. Like my body has just
    ran a marathon...I feel really achy.

12. Falling Asleep
    Fall asleep almost instantly, my bed feel so warm and comfy.

Dreaming
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">Never dream while I'm high.</span></span>

Waking Up
    Wake up tired, always get 10+ hours sleep when I go to bed high

13. I often like drift off to sleep by accident lol. When im str8. I always dream alot but when im high nah i m just chill an blank. Love that hahaha. I wake up refreshed and happppyyy. But i guess it alk depends on what strain ur smoking... :geek:

14. I lie down and sleep quite quickly but dont dream and in the morning I either feel refreshed or shit

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yeah I'm the same, nothing better after a long day than to light up a bowl after some light bed reading and just feel like your floating on a cloud, I sleep with a fan facing me too so makes me feel like I'm flying :D

But yeah I don't dream after smoking much either, but on t-breaks....dear god my zombie apocalypse dreams..

• Like Like x 1
  16. SWIM only smokes strong sativa so trying to sleep is impossible.

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I fall asleep a lot quicker than if not. Maybe 3-4 minutes as opposed to 20-30 minutes

The not dreaming part is great for me though. I don't necessarily have "bad" dreams, just extremely long/detailed/exhausting ones that make me feel more tired than when I went to bed

Other than maybe feeling more rested if it helped me sleep better, I don't notice any difference in waking up after a night in space

• Like Like x 1
  18. You see, I've never, ever had an issue with smoking before bed ie: it being a waste. I actually liked that aspect almost the best right off the bat. With the right strain, dude, that shit is blissful. In my case, if I do dream, it's very positive, and if I don't, I just sleep in a comfortable, relaxed haze. I usually feel great when I wake up, although I know people with less of a smoking constitution than I have problems the day after hitting the Indica heavily. I used to, too, but not in a while. If I do feel off at all, it's likely just my lungs from hitting one of the bongs too hard. All in all, I always have and still do recommend it.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

• Like Like x 1