Topping your plants to create a bush.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Cannabartist, Jan 8, 2016.

1. So I stumbled on this method during my current grow. I wanted to share it with all my fellow growers here. I was greatly surprised by the effect this procedure had on my plants. This also seemed to drastically reduce stretch in flower. No lst no scrog just a couple simple steps.

Give it a try if you like what you see. Share your pictures and feedback here. I would love to see how this works in other environments, under other lights, different medias etc..

First some before and after pics of this process in action.

This was shortly after the procedure.
    1452212505343.jpg

A little before flipping to flower.
    1452212608315.jpg

Last night. They went into flower a couple weeks apart since I'm perpetual. That's why the right 2 are farther along. 1452212661634.jpg

Now for the process. If there are any questions please feel free to ask. I'll try to explain to the best of my ability.

This is my Memory Loss by Archive Seed Bank. Actually won these seeds from our good friends and sponsor here. @gorillaseedbank thank you Sherry I'm loving them.
    1452212904411.jpg

First top your plant. I let mine go a while cause I take the top for a clone Incase the genetic is a keeper.
    1452213097285.jpg

The clone.
    1452213126999.jpg

So now you have two mains. If there not far enough along this next step can wait a few days. I purposely waited so I could write this tutorial all at once.

Next you soft top the 2 mains, after you have 2 sets of leaves. Support the stem and just push the bulb over till it pops off. This is tricky holding a camera I don't suggest it. Lol
    1452213426098.jpg

Should end up with 2 bulbs that look like this. 1452213491321.jpg

The final outcome should look like this.
    1452213546990.jpg
    1452213558530.jpg

That's it your done now just veg till you flip. If this works as well as it has for me you should end up with something similar to this Beyond Dream from North Genetics. She is at day 15 in these pics.
    1452213691990.jpg 1452213828468.jpg

Thanks everyone. Let's learn together and see how well this works on a larger scale.

2. This method works exceptionally well.

3. Only question what killer light you using 🙌😂

4. I'm trying this very soon and will post results here when I do thanks for the info canna

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

5. Thanks for the vote of confidence my friend. Looking forward to seeing yours here shortly.

Lol Platinum led is the light for me.

Anytime my friend. Looking forward to seeing your results Toke.

6. Sorry to burst your bubble, but topping/fimming has been around for years. I have seen growers produce oleander sized bushes from topping. There is also a method called "bending" where you bend the stalk over and new stalks come up from every node.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for your input. Ain't bursting bubbles. I'm aware of topping, fiming, super cropping, pinching, mainlining the works. Tried them all nothing produced a canopy like this, without some sort of lst.

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452216316.411138.jpg i am doing the same thing it's working out great for me

9. I'm going to follow this one vary close !!👍👍

10. Platinum led !!! Ftw

11. How far down did you make your first top? Just a single node or a lil more?

12. Are you asking how many nodes below the first topping?

It varied when I did it. That memory loss was at 5 sets 10 nodes total. The number doesn't seem to matter as far as the canopy.

This plague only had 3 sets 6 nodes total.
    1452217096725.jpg

13. Maybe I should rephrase but that helps too lol. How many nodes above the 1st top were there?

14. Lol just 1 set above the point I topped. Clipped the leaves and tossed her in coco. Will have roots in a couple weeks.

15. I concur . Topped ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452217374.698315.jpg that's an old pick but topping worked well

16. #16 Ant Dog, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    Check her out . I topped the cp2 clone and tied the branches down . She had like 8 branches before she was 6 inches tall ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452217591.506324.jpg

17. I did this one the same way but In a 3 gallon instead of one and gave her like an extra 10 day veg time ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452217673.415791.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sounds good. And lucky me I just topped my blue dream a day or so ago so on to step 2 lol

19. Looks really good Ant. Love to see some pics of those plants in flower.

I never said it wasn't possible. I simply said nothing has worked like this for me in the past.

Just trying to spread some knowledge as I've been asked about my topping method. Figure better to have a place for all to share. Rather than people having to search my perpetual thread for info. It's right there for all to see front page here. No guess work.

NO one is being told this is the only way to do things. Try it, don't try it. In the end of the day. I'm just sharing love for the plant.
    Key word there "tied". This requires no lst.

20. I was agreeing with you bro . I think it works great too