I need critique with my first time scrog

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by reggaeistheanswer, Jan 8, 2016.

1. I'm curious how the colas will look on the weird one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sorry I haven't been around, shits been crazy between work and my dad being sick. So here's my update : I'm on 24th day of flower
    My only indica and my favorite plant went male so took him out to the backyard
    The weird looking plant I was told was def krinkle and saw pictures of a friend of a friends plant and it def had the same plant structure, but it was halfway between a normal plant and mine, like it looked healthy as fuck but a hell of a lot bigger with the leaves looking the same like they were chewed. The buds on it are amazing!!! They don't form like a regular bud, they are kind of offset think like if you had playdoh in your hand and squeezed it hard one time, and the actual bud looks like little worms it's a fuckin trip so anyways I was stoked mine went male because maybe it was a generic thing and I really wanted to see what the seeds would produce so I put it in the backyard and....
    Let's pause here for a quick bowl
    I left the gate open to the patio and the dogs ate the plants dirt was everywhere like a 10ft circle and they tore one of the smart pots to pieces. A+ for effort I guess
    Down to four strong plants and these things are stretching like crazy now so I'm thinking maybe they hit puberty late and they are just starting to stretch so I start defoliating [​IMG][​IMG]
    Two more of the plants are male now so I put them in the backyard and down to two plants, the strongest one and the smallest one. They are growing a couple inches a day so I defoliate like crazy to get the light in
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Everything else gets a plucked out [​IMG][​IMG]
    Since I only have two place screen on to spread out large plant to try to get more light in and figure wth because I am making a lot of mistakes but am learning a lot [​IMG]
    Using fox farm nutes every other watering big bloom and tiger bloom, half strength on both and kelp meal half strength all mixed together and right before flower I added about a inch and a half of worm castings sorry I'm high and don't remember if I said that in this posting yet lol
    Raised small plant on some 4x4s to get it to the screen and spread it out this is today [​IMG][​IMG]
    Sorry I haven't been around guys but this is where I'm at now

3. #23 killset, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    Get that net fuller next time before flipping 24 days into flower the stretch should be pretty much done and is as full as its going to get. I wouldn't consider that even 50% full now. That could of been achieved with just the lst. Saved the hassle of a net and lst.
    Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Completely understand what you're telling me now and what you have before and it all makes a lot more sense now and thanks for your help bro. I got a third dui about 7 months ago and went through a 6 month rehab and was just able to start smoking again a few weeks ago and I can tell you I'm a lot better off just burning weed I have no cravings for alcohol so this grow is important not only to help me stay sober but to learn as much as I can to make sure I get consistent yields. Yeah it's just plants with a screen on it and not a scrog at all I just wanted to get everything a little more spread out and it was easier to do the screen than tie individually. on the next grow I'm thinking either one in a ten gallon like you mentioned or 4 did strains in 3 gal

5. Hey bud I'm in the 3 dui club too. Well 3 I was found guilty of, had a couple others reduced. Went 13 years w/o a license got it back on my 1st try though. I can tell you right now if your using weed to stay sober you're setting yourself up bro. I'm not one if those you gotta quite everything types but don't use it as a crutch. There's much deeper problems that need addressed if that's the case. Good luck man w/ your grow and your sobriety.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I hear ya I went 6 months completely sober but I have sciatica and refuse to take pain pills so it's def a nice help. I actually have to enroll next week for an 18 month program so I'm still connected and won't be smoking as much but my real help comes from ️

7. [​IMG]
    Yesterday's pic

8. Completely agree. I like mine to be about 5-6 inches above a completely full screen when the buds appear. For me I usually pull them under until about day 9 - 10 after flip. You get the hang of when to flip after you have done it a while. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454778797.349590.jpg
    All tops at even height is the key. I do perpetual but you can see how each strain is even with all colas. Your plants look great though. You will be happy with the results. We all learn each grow and each one will get bigger and better.