What political system do you believe in?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mklem, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Ur mom's like a virus.

#FeelTheBern
    #Bern2016
    #BernIsTheWord
    #BernDownTheSystem

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I switched from Trump to Bernie since he came along.

Feeeeeel the Berrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

3. [​IMG]
    you guys wana bern with me or what

4. #watchtheworldbern

-Yuri
    yes

-Yuri

5. Sanders 2016

6. arent you irish? Do you live in the US?

7. I'm sure they would still let him vote.

8. Yes and no.

I have now withdrawn my support for Bernie though.

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

9. Now cleared to vote!

10. Lol most anarchists may be that way but a lot of people simply are not. There are a lot of shitty, greedy, careless motherfuckers that is never taken into account when you think about your anarchist dreamland. People will always be doing shitty things, regardless of if a government exists. The question is is it easier to deal with these shitty people with or without a government structure.

11. I agree. So why do we give these shitty people the power to rule everyone else's lives?

12. Personally i think a court system like sharia has would be perfect for anarchy. Im not saying the same punishments but the system they use would be good, the most respected people in the area like a group of village elders pass down judgement.

13. Because control/force/coercion these things will exist regardless of whether or not a government exists. In an anarchist system there will always be people trying to take whatever they want by force/coercion. The idea of a government is that you have an entity which uses force for good purposes like keeping order. Of course their goals become convoluted and they often do bad themselves but I don't think the solution is to throw out the whole system. You have to admit that in an anarchist society people would need to learn how to defend themselves much more because people would constantly try to take what isn't theirs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Of course I completely disagree. I say we throw the baby out with the bathwater and then drop the tub on the damned baby just to make sure it's dead. I do not believe for a second that any more people would commit violent crimes and property theft against others then already happens now in an anarchist society. Of course there would be a great amount of change and pain to go with that change but in the long run it would be worth the pain.

We already have a ridiculous amount of people trying to take what isn't theirs. They are called the government and Bernie Sanders supporters. We do not have enough space on this board to really get into the details of how a free anarchist society can work but I really encourage you to do through deep research into the philosophy.

There are several thinkers and writers throughout history who have come up with very complex theoretical models for such a society. Of course we are not allowed by law to even try to practice this but there are answers you just have to look for them and have an open mind.

15. Or those shitty people can get into government. Either way you don't avoid them.

16. The main objection to anarchism seems to be that people can't control themselves. I do wonder how it would work. It would certainly make bring obscenely rich less appealling, you would be painting a target on your back. Like places in Brazil my brother told me about, there are slums cluttering mountains and hills overlooking extravagant rich people/houses/property across the street. In such cases, this disparity is only sustained via government thugs. There is no easy solution, I wish one state would give it a shot and see how it works.

When corporations and banks steal, they get a fine typically. When a person steals from them, they go to jail or are fined disproportionately.

17. I like smoking pot.

18. #78 samael45, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    here's my top 6 (in no particular order)

libertarian meritocratic benevolent dictatorship

minarchist constitutional monarchy (with gnostic christianity as the official state religion)

techno-dystopia governed by vampire elite

a society exactly like orwell's 1984, except that Big Brother is Pinhead from Hellraiser and Oceania is ruled by Cenobites

A society based as closely as possible on the board game "Candyland"

A system of government in which all decisions ultimately rest on a ouija game being played by people on Molly

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2016? Talk about a thread bump. This thread is a blast from the past

I'm in the "leave me the fuck alone/don't tell me how I should feel/don't expect me to pay for your laziness" party.

• Like Like x 3
  20. What political system do you believe in?”

By modern political standards?

None.

j

• Agree Agree x 1