Aint we all just a bunch of addicts

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by gorillapanic420, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Take a T-break, brother. I got that way recently, but then I visited the midwest for the holidays where weed costs 2x-3x as much and isn't as potent. There was less of an incentive to smoke grass there. I do wish I were high now, but the collie man lives far away and the busses stop running soon, so I'll wait until tomorrow.

2. Right now I'm on winter break so yah, I've been smoking more than usual, sometimes all day and I wake up shitfaced in the morning like this hangover that I can't get rid of unless I smoke a little then it's gone, I can imagine most can relate to this feeling or has happened to at one point in their lives, as I start university on Monday I think I am ready for a t break

3. #23 Dro man, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    i feel as if u have personally struggled with harder things or have seen it firsthand take over someones life you would have a different view on what the word addict, in the sense you are using it because yes everyone has some kind of "addiction", truly means. Just personal opinion though

4. I live in the Midwest..... Like anywhere in the world you just met the wrong people. W/ shitty connects

5. Depends on your levels i guess. Canibinoid withdrawal is a real thing.
    When I don't smoke I get shaky, nausea, hot flashes, loss of appetite, fuzzy in the head.
    I've been smoking every day for about the last year and a half since my last break. Everyone saying they are not weed addicts... But most daily tokers are dependent on their herb end of story. However it is true you will never see any Stoner killing for their "fix".

I think their is a difference between being addicted to somthing and dependent on somthing.

6. I am not interested in an opinion about a scientific fact. cannabanoids do not alter your chemical composition such a as an unmentionable.

good talk

good luck with your "addiction" and all of that...

🌱

7. T-breaks are a real deal and often ignored and underestimated by people. I love the green but if I fire strong 2 or 3 weeks straight without a break, I too start to have the walls cave in.

Weed is a very beautiful thing, but just like everything else, it can be overdone. If you've been firing straight for a longer period of time, all sorts of crazy things can happen upstairs. That's no knock on weed, just your system asking to come up for air from time to time. Let it, and life will be P-Butter 'n Jam.

Take us out Sturgill!

8. So as a daily smoker you don't get edgy or have a hard time sleeping or get nausea if you don't smoke?
    That is a great thing. Good for you. I know some people who are able to regulate their canibinoid systems effectively without experiencing canibinoid hyperemis or withdrawals.

Have you heard of the DSM?
    The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, published by the American Psychiatric Association,

"Also new to the DSM-V are diagnostic criteria for "cannabis withdrawal,” which the APA says is caused by "cessation of cannabis use that has been heavy and prolonged,” results in "clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning,” and is characterized by at least three of these symptoms: irritability, anger or aggression; nervousness or anxiety; sleep difficulties (insomnia); decreased appetite or weight loss; restlessness; depressed mood; and or physical symptoms such as stomach pain, shakiness or tremors, sweating, fever, chills, and headache."

However you are right. Marijuana is not placed as addiction but rather a dependent. Big difference scientifically.

9. I've found quiting caffeine and sugar more difficult.
    🌱

10. yeah that DSM classification doesn't have much to stand on. Go read the sample size and types of people they used. This IMO needs more research to be conclusive.

Where's @Stormcrow when you need her?

11. Pretty sure the dsm is what also certifies affluency or whatever as reasoning for less harsh punishment

Like that kid that got drunk and killed people in his car got a very light charge and sentence cause he grew up rich lol....

Lost a lot of credit with that one

12. I took a 4 week tolerance break in December with no problems. I wasn't using (I vape) weed every day but at least 3 times a week up to the break. So, I do not consider myself an addict.
    However, I work with a guy that gets stoned every single day. He also drinks at least a 12 pack of beer every day. He might be an addict. If he is an addict, he's the "highest" functioning addict I've ever known as he's a top-notch mechanic, never misses work, and is fun to work with.

13. How much is bud where you are? I'm the the Midwest I can get good bud for $220 a zip sometimes $200

14. I have done pretty much every "drug" that is humanly possible. I don't anymore. Do I like to smoke a joint and sit in my tree stand? Your damn straight. Do I freak out if I don't? No. I think weak minded people will always seek a crutch for which to blame their own downfalls.

15. I was in SE Minnesota and ounces ran about $230 or so. I moved out to Oregon for school and get flame herb for $120/oz.

16. #36 Dr.Fumbles, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    Addiction is something people wont understand till going through it. And if you think cannabis is addicting then i pray you never try anything harder or are put on synthetic opiates for pain medication. Cannabis addiction is about as real as being addicted to tv or fast food.

17. Cannabis can be addicting and it's rude to downplay other people's addiction because it doesn't meet your standards

18. It's not rude its the truth. It's the same type of addiction as being addicted to tv or fast food. So sorry if i am downplaying tv and food addiction along with cannabis

19. Don't be sorry if you're not actually sincere. You have a limited understanding of addiction to not understand it can inhabit less lethal substances

20. #40 Dr.Fumbles, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    Mental addiction is a joke I'm 100% not sincere about my apology.....