Top-Wait 1 week-LST?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by lacnugs, Jan 6, 2016.

1. #1 lacnugs, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

2. #2 gardeningheaven, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016

i think topping is LST you can do what ever you want to your plant .And it should be fine i think topping is great then fimming it after the tops grow then once it starts getting taller i like to use rubber bands to train it down .Then if the nugs get too heavy i use soft twisty ties

tops usually take a full 24 hrs to recover top during lights on .Then you should see wome growth within 3 days some strains differ

3. #3 lacnugs, Jan 6, 2016

4. #4 lacnugs, Jan 7, 2016

5. Topping is not LST. LST is low stress training. Where you do not cut the plant, but bend the branches. if you want both. start by topping and then fill your SCRoG , or tie it Down = LST. I Would use a SCROG

6. #6 lacnugs, Jan 7, 2016

7. I actually just topped 2/4 of my first grow as an experiment with the difference in yield with FIM and LST and natural. I'm going to be checking on them in about 5 hours which will be about 24 hours after the cut. Come stop by and check it out of youd like. I'll be watching your buds. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453104519.886568.jpg

8. #8 lacnugs, Jan 25, 2016

9. When I did mine I waited one full light cycle then started LST and I'm getting ready to go into flower soon. I'll post some pics later for your entertainment.

10. You can train a main stem as well. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. As far as timing if the branches are long enough to slip something over them the time is right. If you top or fim (difference being placement in cut) you just have to wait for the resulting branches to get long enough to comfortably slip a string or stake over it

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    [​IMG]

That fim is about 2 days after clip. As you can see no where near ready

11. [​IMG]
    That is about 5 to 6 days after clip still not ready

12. [​IMG]
    Thats about 2wks after fim and shes been pulled down twice.

I never train at all during flower and I will never recommend it to anyone

13. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Main stem LST

14. That main stem lst has not been topped at all

15. Also if you're flipping to flower in 3-4 day I wouldn't recommend topping or fimming. I train right up until flip but after flip again let em run

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1391305-G13-Blue-Venom

Should have added. 7-10 days is a good recovery time after topping or fimming to flip

16. You don't need to top if you're doing lst. Don't top at all if your about to flower in the next couple days. The reason I think topping is pointless when you lst is because when you top you remove 1 bud site so 2 can grow larger. Removing that bud site slows the plant down as it heals itself from the damage. When you lst a plant you bend it over, keep all 3 bud sites. All 3 grow larger and the plant doesn't slow down or miss a beat. No damage to heal from cutting

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. yea I only fimmed once at the beginning. Now I'm letting them stretch out. I had them doing some LST until about 2 days ago. Now it's time to reach my height requirement and bloom

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1456562232.471495.jpg

FIM and LST results.. About 5-6 weeks remaining..