Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can street weed be as good as medical ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BigFrealz8885, Jan 5, 2016.

1. so i live in maryland where medical is not available yet and i was wondering how much of a diffrence is between the quality. the street weed i get is normally what i would consider good ( not dry good trim job lots of crystals and hairs no seeds smells through the bag) i have had medical one time and the only thing i noticed was that the taste was very strong and tasted just like maple syrup but when i smoke street weed it all taste just pinetree or just straight up weed. The weed got me pretty high but ive had street weed that get me way more baked then this.
    i normally smoke blunts if that has to do anything with it?

2. The quality of your bud is subject to a lot of variables: growing, cure/trim, transport/storage/handling, ect. Generally speaking, medical is much more controlled so you're more likely to get some excellent weed.
    That's not to say however, that a grower outside the medical system can't also take all the same time and care in properly growing weed, and a dealer can take the same care in transporting and handling it.
    Tl;dr: You're more likely to get lower quality on the street if you have an unreliable connect as opposed to a medical dispensary. But a reliable one can certainly get you buds of medical quality.

3. With a controlled environment comes more consistent product. Street weed is all I've smoked and I've come across some fantastic bud and some not so much in the past 7 years, for the most part from videos it's more consistent product in a good environment.

Of course with it being legal growers they can put more time and be able to pull amazing genetics and great bud. When it comes to street weed for me it's a gamble wether or not the next pick up will be better than the next and there isn't much selection. That being said its all about connections, i get some medical quality from some folks but it's harder to find that kind of hook up, at least in my area. Just my .2

4. #4 jay719, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
    Medical marijuana is just weed grown by a shop. Anyone with a grow area and half a brain can produce a product of equal quality. There is no real quality difference in medical, retail, or street purchased cannabis. Quality depends on the strain and grower. Some medical shops sell very low quality smoke comparatively.

5. The term medical weed is silly. Its the same strains anyone can grow.

6. to answer your question: sure

7. #7 CasperTheTokerGhost, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
    medical is just a name slapped on to be "legal" under prescription. some dispos suck

8. But the difference between street weed and Medical/Recreation is that one is random nameless and the other you have choices, Sativa? Indica? as opposed to nameless random. You have a better chance of getting something good.

9. I've found street weed to be more potent than dispensary/medical cannabis.
    they're the same weed.
    I say there's minute differences for medical purposes.
    I use weed to calm anxiety, regular college kid dealer weed is more potent and calms my nerves better than the dispensary stuff that barely smells.

10. Try going to a better dispensary.

11. You can teach a man to grow weed, but you can't tell him which seed of a strain to buy. Selection is as good as the location where you find it.

12. I've been to 100s of them, the valley, Los angeles, sgv, orange, ie.

valley is more potent than la, and la more potent than the rest, Oc is ok.

90s was still way better.

13. How was the 90's better? One would assume with cross-breeding and shit that genetics are only getting better and THC percentage is only going up.

14. It can be. Some of the bud I get is as good as the dispensary stuff my friend gets sent from his buddy in Cali. Sometimes the street bud I get is better. The only downside is that you cannot choose your strain when you buy from a street dealer, unless you have a hella good dealer who has different strains to choose from.

15. Where I live it is grown by locals and sold to the shops. I get it from a guy that has a buddy that sells it so it doesn't change hands that much making it more affordable.

16. Not actually. It COULD have been that way but what I have seen more of is strains that have been cross bred so much purely for the sake of thc numbers that evidently not as much attention was payed to things like taste and smell. Honestly 90% of the crosses are just bland in my opinion. To make it worse, most of the more popular american breeders quite frankly suck. They cross one male plant with ten different strains and call it a breeding line. Marijuana going more mainstream has had a negative effect as well. Now strains get perpetuated based on popularity. Unfortunately that doesn't mean quality. All the damn girl scout cookie crosses are a good example.

17. There are a lot of gsc because the strain has a tendency to herm out when grown with other strains

18. As if people ultimately have the power to change plant genetics and call themselves God.

[​IMG]

19. QFT>>>>>>>>>>>>>> damn shame these polen chuckers are fucking shit up.

20. Cali has some good growers. Apothecary has won how many awards?Crocket family farms is good if you like flavor over potency. I think company's like Cali connection give the legit breeders a bad name.

How was weed better in the 90s? Max THC then was in the teens maybe low 20s now mid grade stuff is in the teens and top notch is easily 20+ the community may have been better but the genetics certainly where not.