Scarlett My Second Grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Foxmore, Jan 5, 2016.

1. My boyfriend and I started this grow just before new years and decided to track her progress in a journal.

Strain: Purple Skunk Mass
    Medium: miracle grow seed starter
    Light: 1 LED (red and blue) and one white grow light. About 3 inches away from top currently.
    Water: plain. Given about a quarter of a cup so far.

First pic was on Jan 1 and the second on Jan 4

Attached Files:

2. Today's progress

Attached Files:

3. Those leaves are getting so big. I'm thinking she's focusing on roots atm. She is sucking up the water like crazy.

Attached Files:

4. I think it's time you transplanted it...bury the stem about a 1/2inch from the bottom of the first set of leaves.

5. I plan to transplant as soon as I get my soil in. No good places to buy local so I had to order online. Should be in in a couple days. Think that will hurt anything? The pot she's in is about the size of a solo cup

6. Today's progress

Attached Files:

7. #7 Trichuk, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    Well make sure you do it in a couple of days.

The plant is using lot of energy just from standing.

My plant is just over 3inches in height and it has eight branches coming out of it.
    Once I see the first set of true leaves perk up, that normal means the second set of true leaves are on the way, that's when I transplant.

8. Might have got too close to the lights. A bit of discoloration on the leaves.

Attached Files:

9. this looks like a fun journal to follow.

can we see the grow space ?

10. The grow space isn't anything great. She is on a table on the junk room. There is a tower fan oscillating for air flow. Once I transplant I have a space in the corner with mirrors and places to set up lights.

When we get our own place we're going to do a better set up.

Attached Files:

11. you should set up an official grow journal ... i'd subscribe... i'm sure lots of others would.

people love beginner micro grows !

12. How do I make it official? Lol

13. well there's a sub forum for grow journals themselves. it has a slightly different format, and will show your photos in an album at the top etc.

14. 12 days since germ

Attached Files:

15. looks super healthy !

16. Soil came in! Happy Frog soil and 6 cups extra perlite. Also had to move her to a bigger grow area. She'll grow into it. Seems so small in the big pot. Lol. Hope she loves her new home. (not shown is the oscillating fan just out of frame)

Attached Files:

17. Day 16. Was thinking about topping the next set of leaves. Would now be a good time to add worm castings?

[​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #18 Foxmore, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
    Day 18

[​IMG]

Started putting worm castings in with the water. Then going to top dress with it. Can't wait for the new leaves to grow up a tiny bit more so I can top it.

19. Day 22
    First 5 fan leaves!

[​IMG]

20. [​IMG]