Vacuum Chamber Gaskets

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by daben, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Trying to decide on a vacuum chamber to purge BHO. Most products I see come with a silicone/polyurethane gasket. Both materials are rated poorly with butane.
    My question is, are these safe to use for the gasket between the lid and chamber? As in, they won't contaminate my final product?
    I

2. Come on, this should be a simple question for people with expertise.
    Should I go for a ptfe gasket I make myself?

3. I'm disappointed in this site. Going with a neoprene gasket. Thanks for nothing.

4. You should of asked in the big bho tech thread. But neoprene was the right choice, my vac chamber came with a neoprene and never had issues

5. You did ask in the wrong area... We're a buncha idiots here in tokin tools... But not the wrong site. Theres some marijuana savants on this site.

considering you're only pulling the butane from the oil, and that none of it should return to the oil once its again in a gaseous state, (i don't even see how it could after the bubbles pop and it's physically left the oil) even if the butane somehow reacts with the gaskets i wouldn't worry. You're only pulling this butane out of the chamber. But i have absolutely no experience, and if i was worried i'd spend the extra few bucks for peace of mind anyway. But again, i know nothing. I was just attracted by your thread title. Someone looking for real advice like this surprised me... it's usually, "my 18mm male nail won't fit in my 14mm male jointed rig... why?"

Shoulda just bought an ounce and a hair straightener... solvent extractions will die out entirely soon enough..

6. My bad, the navigation was confusing. Thanks for the input! I was thinking about getting a rosin press. Tried the straighteners and didn't like the taste as much. Perhaps in the near future, I will invest in a rosin press and get into the solventless game. Bho might die out but it sure is tasty when made properly!