Legalize Ohio 2016

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by sublime83, Jan 4, 2016.

1. #1 sublime83, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
    I'm suprised this hasn't been posted already.

Legalize Ohio 2016

Some quick highlights.

Both MMJ and Recreational.

Patients will be able to grow up to 12 mature marijuana plant in a secure area of their property away from public view. If two or more patients live in the same home, they may not grow more than 24 mature marijuana plants combined.

Two to five patients and/or guardians of patients may form patient groups. Patient groups may designate a caregiver who can legally grow up to 12 marijuana plants for each patient in the patient group. Caregivers cannot operate for profit. If a patient grows on his or her own property, he or she cannot be a member of a patient group, unless that patient is that patient group"s caregiver.

Beginning March 1, 2017, patients will be able to legally possess up to 200 grams of marijuana, up to 1,000 grams of marijuana infused solids, 5 liters of marijuana infused liquids, and 50 grams of marijuana concentrates. Patients will also be able to possess marijuana and marijuana products in any amount in their homes, provided they themselves cultivate and harvest the marijuana plants from which it came.

Patients will be able to manufacture marijuana products in their homes, provided they do not use hazardous materials or processes.

Patients of any age are allowed to use with parental or guardian approval

Patients do not pay any taxes

The Ohio Department of Health will establish the Ohio Medical Marijuana Research Lab, which will conduct research on medical marijuana and provide public and private medical marijuana research grants. State regulations for public and private medical marijuana research will be rewritten in a manner that prepares Ohio for eventual federal rescheduling. Ohio will be well-positioned to quickly develop into an international hub for medical marijuana research.

RECREATIONAL

21 or older

Adults will be able to grow up to 6 mature marijuana plant in a secure area of their property away from public view. If two or more adults live in the same home, they may not grow more than 12 mature marijuana plants combined.

Adults will be able to possess up to 100 grams of marijuana, 500 grams of marijuana infused solids, 2 liters of marijuana infused liquids, and 25 grams of marijuana concentrates. Adults will also be able to possess marijuana and marijuana products in any amount in their homes, provided they themselves cultivate and harvest the marijuana plants from which it came.

And same as MMJ when it comes to making things with it.

COMMERCIAL

Any adult or corporation will be able to hold multiple licenses and operate multiple businesses across the supply chain. Ohio residents must make up at least one-third of the Board of Directors for any marijuana business. There is no arbitrary cap on the number of licenses that shall be issued.

Production and distribution will be vertically integrated, and one retail system will serve both patients and regular consumers.

Misdemeanor convictions are not a bar from procuring a license. However, felony convictions for financial crimes committed within five years of a preapproved license application are a bar from procuring preapproval. Nonviolent marijuana related convictions will be no detriment, but any other felony convictions within three years of a preapproved license application are also a bar from procuring preapproval.

All marijuana and marijuana products will undergo mandatory quality testing before it can be sold at wholesale or retail. In order to maintain the independence of quality testing from the supply chain and avoid any potential problems with corruption, any adult or corporation holding a quality testing license cannot hold a license for any other marijuana business.

TAXES

At the point of first sale, marijuana will be taxed at $1 per gram for dried marijuana flowers, $0.25 per gram for marijuana leaves, and $5 per sale of immature marijuana plant. Consumers who are not patients will also pay a 5% retail tax on all purchases of marijuana and marijuana products.

The Division of Marijuana Control will have the power to adjust those rates according to inflation as necessary. Taxing by weight rather than price keeps taxes from being too high while the legal marijuana market is in its infancy. That allows Ohio to begin combating the black market immediately by keeping prices relatively low. It also ensures that tax revenues do not dwindle as prices decline during market stabilization. The retail tax ensures growers aren"t shouldering the entire tax burden, which allows Ohio to keep taxes by weight relatively low while still generating significant tax revenues.

Tax revenues will first go toward any costs incurred by the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department of Agriculture while carrying out the duties with which they are charged under the CCA. Any costs incurred by the Ohio Department of Commerce while carrying out the duties with which it is charged under the CCA that are not covered by licensing revenues will have second priority. Remaining marijuana tax revenues will be distributed as follows:

20% of tax revenues will be distributed to municipal and township governments on a per capita basis to be used for road and bridge repair, and other infrastructure improvements.20% of tax revenues will be distributed to county governments on a per capita basis to be used for road and bridge repair, and other infrastructure improvements.15% of tax revenues will go toward closing the gaps in Ohio"s public pension systems.15% of tax revenues will be earmarked for building new schools.10% of tax revenues will be earmarked for common sense drug education for Ohio"s youth.10% of tax revenues will be earmarked for compassionate, effective medical treatment for those suffering from addiction.5% of tax revenues will be used to establish the Ohio Medical Marijuana Research Lab.5% of tax revenues will be earmarked for industrial hemp research.

LOCAL TOWN AND COMMUNITY RIGHTS

Local governments may, through popular vote, ban commercial production and distribution, in part or in whole. Local governments may not, however, ban private adult possession and use, adult and patient home grows, private minor patient possession and use, nor industrial hemp.

Local governments will not be allowed to levy any additional taxes on marijuana or marijuana products.

Public use will still be prohibited.

Good to see Ohio get another chance after last year. Ohio could be a pretty major swing/pivot state for MMJ/Legal MJ

• Like Like x 4
  2. I am originally from Ohio, and I am freaken stoked to hear this!

might be the very sole reason to go back to Ohio! If not, 8 hours to Denver! Haha.

Go OHIO!

3. Man we need this, a state east of the Mississippi could really set a trend for the east coast and show the movement is really spreading.

4. Sounds good to me

5. Ohio here too! Nice to hear this man, sounds stellar!:pimp:

6. #7 zmessengerz, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

7. Just an update on this, If i read this correctly
    Legalize Ohio 2016 Campaign Update & Marijuana Policy Project –...

They have abandond this drive and joined up to support MPP’s medical marijuana amendment due to budget issues.

I am aware of a petition drive now for a MM amendment for November however the implimentation of that ammendment is several years if passed :(
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...akers-plan-tackle-medical-marijuana/82938422/

This:
    GW Pharmaceuticals Launches Epidiolex Phase 3 Trial for 3rd Indication, TSC
    I hope is driving:
    DEA Set to Act Imminently on Marijuana Rescheduling Petition

l allowing reseach dollars which everybody in every state college will want.

I refuse to be drugged by my drs anymore, pain is a horrible curse the destroys lives.. why do i have to feel like a criminal to feel better. Get it together Ohio

8. #12 zmessengerz, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

9. God please... we need a GOP controlled state east of the Mississippi to legalize recreationally to get the ball rolling. And living in Ohio, it would be nice to see some reform. I didn't even know about this movement and I've been collecting signatures for Ohioans for Medical Marijuana. ohioansformmj.org
    It's a pretty good medical program in my opinion, and it would be a good first step to full legalization.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You get a like for your picture. Creed had life by the horns.