1-2 hours off light schedule everyday

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by goombah111, Jan 3, 2016.

1. If im turning the lights on and off at different times everyday will that mess with that plant that much?

By about 1-2 hours difference everyday.

2. Yes
    Timers are critical

3. `The stress could cause your plants to go hermie.

4. Hmm...thats unfortunate. I guess ill be more strict. Do i have any margin of error? 10 minutes?

5. Wouldn't it be easier to buy a cheap timer, plug your equipment into it and not worry about it again?

Yes, it will make a difference turning your lights on and off at different times daily.

J

6. Timers at my local store are 15$. Im just gonna order one from china for 2.50$.

7. I'd say making sure your plants don't hermie is worth $15

8. Im super casual about this right now.

If anything ill walk away with some good experience.

Its on its way 6$.

9. Any hardware store/walmart etc will carry timers...doesnt have to be digital. They come chesp.

10. I appreciate the help but i dont need this problem solved, i just need this question answered.

Which it has been. Thank you all.

11. #11 Grinder12000, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
    I don't grow weed but know a think or two about other plants and think of a plant like a human when it comes to light. How would you do with random on off. all sorts of things are happening and like a train they need to get things in order - On / OFf is like messing with REM sleep.

BTW - what is hermie???

I would LOVE to grow but . . . Wisconsin and no GOOD seeds are available!

All I can do is brew 200 gallons of beer a year (which I do)

12. #12 goombah111, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016

Hermie is hermaphrodite. When the plant asexually reproduces. Makes the plant less potent and full of seeds.

I dont goto the bed at the same time everynight so random on off is my life lol.

Brewing beer is just as good, id love to do that. U can buy seeds online easy. Ill even send u one if u want.