Will my plant still grow some decent buds?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by thestash27, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Start small if you up the nutes. A little can go a long way and it's better to go small at first then increase as needed. Overall they are looking pretty good.

2. Thanks oldschoolgrower :) I picked up some trace elements mix with cal-mag in it. I'm using some other organic nute mix. Now my question is, how do I add the cal-mag? Do I use it after I give my plant it's usual feeding? I don't want to cause any bad reactions or burn my plant.

3. I've also changed two of my cfls to 14W LEDs that put out 1400 lumens! Hoping to see a difference on the buds that get more LED light. We'll see ey.

4. Haha cheers mate. I was reading pure sativa is kind of rare to get as everything is hybrid these days? Is that true? It's not legal where I'm at so maybe there are more pure land race strains floating around my part of the globe :D I don't know that much or if I'm using correct terminology.

5. Another update. Not that much has happened, they've stretched a little and the buds are still beefing up. Sorry if the pics aren't the best quality. There's a total of 7 tops and a few smaller tops amongst the leaves. Hoping I'll get an ounce at least off her! What you guys reckon? An ounce? She's about 3 weeks into flower :)

Attached Files:

6. #28 thestash27, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    I was thinking, there's a lot of people who plant their seeds then wait until they mature to sex them. But you can also identify if a seed is male or female. I checked and sorted my bag seed before I planted them and I had 5 males and 5 females. Obviously I planted the female seed, and it's grown to be a female. Why are not more people checking their seeds before planting? I always hear people say they're waiting to see if it's male or female.

7. She's a small plant, but looking nice and green! Started adding another nutrient supplement and she seems to be liking it!

Attached Files:

8. #30 thestash27, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    Just ordered a 1m x 1m x 2m tent with a 600W HPS and inline duct fan. Anyone else done bigger grows?

9. Great turn around!

10. Hey guys, how's it going? Thought I might drop an update.

Found that my shed door was getting left open and light has been leaking into my box.. the sun sets around 8pm here and my lights go off around 5:30pm. I also burned her a bit adding trace nutrients, but I've flushed the crap out of her. She doesn't seem to have grown much bud wise... But she's still looking ok. I just hope the light leak isn't going to affect her to much.

Here's a couple bud shots, what you guys think? Will she keep developing the buds or will the light leak stunt her a bit?

Attached Files:

11. Damn dude, I think your plant hermied.

12. That's what I thought at first, but there's hairs coming out of those sacks??

13. Pretty sure what you're looking at are nanners(Bananas). They'll be male sacks with hairs coming out of it. Sometimes it'll be basically the inner side of a sack.

Not too sure though, only based off of what I've seen and learned online.

14. Yea I thought the same, that they were nannas. At first I thought they were seed pods until I saw hairs coming out of them. Unfortunately now my plant is suffering from pretty bad nute burn again and I'll probably lose about 1/4 of my fan leaves.

Its my first grow, I have another plant in veg and my HPS will be here in a few days, hopefully I won't make the same mistakes with my next grow. I want to start pulling pounds.

15. Bummer, hopefully I'm wrong.
    Hope all ends well brother. Keep us updated.

16. If I were you I'd leave the nanners on there and get some seeds from this plant. This plant has been so stressed from the beginning it was only a matter of time before it hermied. Let it make you some seeds and try again. Just because it's making seeds doesn't mean you won't get any bud fyi

17. I would definitely NOT take seeds off a known hermie.

210 watt perpetual box
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394922-210-watt-3.5-sq-ft-Northern-Lights-and-White-Widow:

18. Don't use hermie seeds. They pass on their hermie traits to the seed causing them to be more prone to it.