Is online shopping for equipment and seeds safe?

Discussion in 'Security' started by biggreenthumb123, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Hey growers I'm very new to this and looking forward to learning a lot in the future but I do have my concerns about were to get my equip and I don't really trust going in hydro store and getting the things I need so do you guys know any sites to get seeds, soil, and germination starter cups? I mean I'm growing low budget CFL in a closet can someone give me a hand

2. I would look at it like this, ordering online will require some personal info unless you use prepaid credit cards. Hydro store will be friendly and happy to answer any questions you have, plus you get it right away and avoid shipping costs and waiting.

As far as seeds, I know canada its legal to buy them so its all hassle free. People buy them from all over the world though, I have never ordered any but if you do get the 'insurance' thing incase they get seized they will re-ship them to you.

3. I do use the local hydro shop for some stuff but I usually know well before hand what I'm shopping for before I go in..
    A few advantages to buying your equipment from them like lamps and ballasts is when-if you step up to HID ( high intensity discharge ) like HPS or MH ( high pressure sodium or metal halide ) from them as they will usually price match or come very close and when a lamp or ballast dies it's a 3 minute trip to replace not 3 weeks while you ship yours off for warranty replacement.. Lamps, fans and ballasts I'd get all local.. I don't mind spending a few dollars more for the convenience of instant replacements..
    Same with all my cups and pots.. I started with what was around the yard and that worked ok at first.. Eventually it was back to the hydro shop as he's got a great selection of shapes and sizes so I was able to find several sizes that worked in my original veg boxes.. The boxes are gone now but the stages veg cups remain as that didn't change.. 3, 5 and 8 inch square pots are my choice in containers..
    [​IMG]
    3x3x3 inch square cups is my starter size.. Seeds or rooted 1.5 inch rock wool cubes run in this size till about 12 inches tall..
    [​IMG]
    They'll slide right out with a tight root ball and I'll drop that into a 5x5x7 deep for the next stage to about 24 inches tall..
    [​IMG]
    Last is an 8x8x10 deep and that's good for a 36-48 inch plant and that's done vegging..
    Outside at that point to flower..

Most of the time all the veg plants live in an old garden shed under T5 High output
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3s and 5s got it done quite well for over a year with the 8s being a recent addition..
    Just how I get it done on the Brass Pharm.. Small cups to start help keep the new grower from the overwatering they always do..
    Water by lifting the cup-pot.. Feather light water it.. Still feels heavy set it back down.. Even let the biggest of that pot size wilt before watering.. It's far better to under water then over.. When you do water don't screw around, flood the pot and then let it dry way back down before watering again.. The wet-dry cycling draws fresh oxygen into the root zone..
    BNW

4. My original veg boxes.. Matched pair of them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BNW

5. Honestly probably safer then going to a local hydro store I'm a paronid fuck so I ship to a safe house but I read a article of a legal grow (fruits and veggies) for a school science fair getting the door kicked in for suspicious purchases from the hydro store the cop sat in the parking lot taking down plate numbers local cops have nothing better to do as far as online goes that is federal turff your not ordering 3000 1k watt lights and 10 tons of soil with 5000 or so seeds sent in one order are you? Then your are just little fish to them

happy growing

UsDEA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app