Where are the PC Gamers?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by SeedB0x, Dec 31, 2015.

1. #21 King Willie, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
    Been playing Hitman Absolution, and just got back into the Witcher 3 last night. Forgot how fuckin great it is. I can't fuckin wait for Overwatch to come out, looks like so much goddamn fun.

Think I might boot up Total War Shogun 2 as well, been wanting to play that. Oh and of course recent;y I was playing the shit outta Fallout 4. Kinda burnt out on it at the moment though, so I've been on a lil break.

2. Oh man those were the days. I actually had an amazing guild in Vanilla and we made it all the way to the first few bosses of Naxx (the hardcore Naxx; not the pussy shit in WOTLK). 40 man raids were literally my childhood.

I also quit near the end of WOTLK. I've since tried to return for Cata and MOP but without the same friend-base there, it's just not the same experience as it used to be. Also Bliz watered the game down like hell. Talent trees are now pathetic and leveling is designed for folks with ADD lol.

3. I can't blame em for making the game more casual. From a business standpoint it was necessary. And for those of us who enjoyed it before, I think it's nice to just leave it in the past and enjoy it for what it was.

I can't even remember how far I had made it in vanilla; my memory of WoW is very convoluted from all the different times I went back. Went back to a private Vanilla server that had thousands of people on it and had a few T2 pieces on a hunter during a time where only a few guilds had cleared BWL (I don't think naxx was out on the server yet).

With WotLK I fell in love with raid healing. I loved my holy priest. Eventually though I went resto druid because you just couldn't outheal them at that time. After some really nice 25hc pieces I started doing PvP with the druid and eventually in WSG I could outheal anything their team could dish out (I think one of the few exceptions was if there was a fury warrior). It was the definition of OP. I would just have fun healing keeping everyone up, but if they ended up getting a couple flag caps I'd actually go grab their flag and from there... there was nothing they could do to win.

4. I just built this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VGV4rH my first desktop in probably 10+ years, came straight from xbox 360. havent gotten around to playing anything yet though, no money. I do need to buy a new keyboard though, something backlit so I can see wtf I'm hitting until I get used to it. was gonna buy fallout 4 but I think maybe I'll save up and hope the division is good even though I'm sure I'll suck shit at it.

5. Welcome back to PC [​IMG]

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedeals
    and
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

can be be your best friends for PC gaming! I have I think around 150 games on my Steam account and I'd say all together I payed about 15% of what they'd typically cost.

I'd let myself spend the money on upgrading my PC if I spent more time playing games. It runs anything I've tried just fine so far - heavily modded Skyrim, GTA V, Fallout 4, etc so I haven't needed to.

I put my money towards things I'll notice every day; my headphones and keyboard. I love them both.

6. Been playing Heroes and Generals. F2p game so the amount of idiots is of course very high but its an intense game.

Tries to be a simulator but it feels arcadey sometimes. Also the grind is real so its like 50 games for each item you want to buy.

7. Yeah I would like a new RPG, Fallout 4 got old real quick considering I beat the game the day before its release :p I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 4, GTA5, Geometry Wars 3, Dying Light, and from time to time the WoW PTR.

8. I find Sunless Sea (an indie exploration/horror(only a little) game with lots of story/discovery) to be a really good "I just wanna chill" game. The music is good and the sailing is at an ok pace (kinda slow, but not frustratingly slow, so it adds to the soothingness).
    Its cheap on steam.

I still play a lot of league of legends.
    I'm trying to get into either pillars of eternity or divinity original sin, but have been unsuccessful (started a few games of each, got bored pretty quick).
    Witcher 3 I started playing and its pretty good. I'll play that more.

9. Heroes and Generals, it's free.

Play it stoned and it can get quite intense.

10. I still play Age of Mythology on a 2003 Mac lmao

11. #33 xLDKx NewYorker, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    My <$450 gaming setup I built for christmas.

Hmu if you want my Steam.

i5 2400 (non-k)

R9 380 2gB

GB MoBo

8gB DDR3

etc

Piii case that I took a dremel to.

PSU Mount & I/O Shield

1454282859895.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Just so you can bask in the ghettoness.

1454283714281.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. XCom 2 comes out Friday!

14. #36 Gorillaseedbank, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    i was a bit of a gamer in my day ps1, xbox etc and always had a thing for pc games. im kinda back into them with the new star wars - flying an xwing just has to be done! and bringing down a ATAT walker never gets old.

im still old school and mostly still use the keyboard

patiently waiting for Tom Clancys the division - they teased me with the beta then said too many have applied - fukrs

and have these installed but dont get time to enjoy

rainbow 6 siege - stuck
    gta V
    arma 3 - beginner
    the phantom pain - just uninstalled this

ive a decent 3 monitor setup and a GTX970 - msi -1916, i7 4ghz and 16m ram - for the techy tokers

Steve

15. I have always been a console gamer. Until recently. Haven't had a working console since my 360 died a few years ago (first generation. Lasted much much longer than it ever should). So had some friends convince me into joining league of Legends

Awesome game. And I can run it on a used laptop I paid 75 bucks for.

16. i highly recommend in the future if you have the money to do your own build.

17. I can't see myself investing money into a computer in any foreseeable future. I don't game much to begin with to justify any type of purchase

18. fair enough, its a good experience building your own but no point if it doesnt go to use