Road side test to see if you are driving while high . . .

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Fizzly, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Junk science at its best.

2. #3 burner, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    I shall keep this fairly basic as it is important for people to realize that this is a waste of time/effort and money that could be useful elsewhere...

We are on the brink of legalization and when it is complete people should not be persecuted for using it or having possession of it.

We have also seen a dramatic and explosive effort for car companies to create self driving cars(which would make testing obsolete), so stop wasting money and time developing a device that will only have a single use application and only a narrow window of time that it will be in effect.

3. It's purpose is to enrich the state -- same as all the DWI crap. Nothing more.

4. Not at the moment but alot of states allow for you to be detained for a blood test.

5. In Australia we already have road side testing, They get you to swab your mouth and tongue.

6. That's gay.....

7. self driving cars still require a sober person in control. The Google cars for example. That's never going to change.

8. Ohhh! Sometimes it is soo hard to abstain from being a smart ass..... I am not going to mention using Dorito's as part of the test.....
    Seriously,
    In most US States, if you to the point that they ask you to submit to a breath or blood test, you are already in serious trouble.
    Before you get to that point they have to observe and document behavior that gives them reasonable suspicion. Then they make contact and look for and document additional indicators of impairment. Pupil reaction, eye movement, speech and other behavior. At that point they will ask you to take a field sobriety test. If the results back up their suspicion that you are impaired THEN they ask for breath or blood test.
    In the time that I was exposed to that process, I only saw one DUI arrest get off. That occurred after the arresting officer accidentally deleted the video of the obviously plastered woman in the interview room AND the breathalyzer machine was past the date that it was supposed to have had it's annual test/calibration.
    You CAN get a DUI even if your blood alcohol or THC levels are below legal limits.

9. I do not want drunk or stoned people driving. The problem is only compounded by the retards swerving all over the road trying to text or read their devices while driving.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. They need a reason to do a breathalyzer. So unless you are driving like this.....
    [​IMG]
    ... I don't think the police will bother you.

11. Unless theres a checkpoint. Then they are bothering everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Testing for blood levels of THC makes little sense. I know plenty of people who can take a gram+ straight to the face and carry on with their day as normal. I'd be on another planet smoking even .25 grams. Also, some people drive safer under the influence, while a small handful drive worse. It's much more complex than alcohol.

All I know is that junk science and blood level limits are not the answer.

13. Nobody drives safer under the influence as opposed to sober. They're just high and think they can. If for some messed up reason you can, you don't need to be driving at all because obviously you suck at driving

• Like Like x 1