Please I need help choosing a light, tent, and when to flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CatlC, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Ok so its my first time growing and I know that what I say might make some of you cringe but here is where I am at --

I'm growing in my closet which is painted a flat white. I have 5 Northern Lights plants; the two strongest are in separate 5 gallon pots and the rest are currently in solo cups. I have been growing thus far with two 60 watt, 5500k CFL bulbs (which I realize isn't enough). My plants have been vegging for a full 5 weeks and their progress is quite sad (10 inches tall and not bushy). So they are still very small, yet healthy and are now showing pre-flower. During veg, I give my plants Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro, and I will give Dyna-Gro Bloom during flowering. And I am currently under a 24 hour light schedule.

Now, I am considering three things right now. I will either be purchasing a fixture and 250 watt, 2700k CFL bulb OR a 600 watt HPS bulb with fixture and ballast, etc. The HPS option is only $30 more than the CFL option on ebay.. I am limited on funds and do not plan to do any serious growing but I'd like to get consistently high yields out of 2 or 3 plants at a time without breaking the bank. Ultimately, I want the yield to pay for the investment, and then some. Additionally, I am considering buying a growing tent. My closet is pretty reflective and temperature and humidity levels have been perfect but I hear by some that the tent is essential.

Would anyone highly recommend that I go ahead and get the tent? And more importantly, should I go with the 250 watt CFL or 600 watt HPS??
    Oh, and when should I start flowering based off of what I have said? (they seem too small to begin flowering?)