The multiverse

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by g0pher, Dec 27, 2015.

1. If we're talking universes "outside" ours and not some other "dimension" etc, but some place outside our universe that houses others too I see no reason to think that physics couldn't be completely different. If other planets/solar systems/galaxies are made up of different types and elements and so on, who knows what other universes could be like? There are so many factors involved with physics and anything else that we can't even speculate what a different "constants" might result in.

2. ^^^^ no permission to quote. ^^^_

In any case, I believe you are incorrect.

Everything that happens causes an equal and opposite reaction. If you had a different uuniverse where the constant was different (if that's even possible), it would still result in other constants also being different in equal opposite ways.

Balance would still result.

You would still end up with structured galaxies and whatnot

-Yuri

3. But why are we under the assumption that other universes have to have the same structure as ours, with galaxies and planets and so on? If another universe is balanced in its own right but with a completely different physics model/everything else there's no telling what it could be like. Just because our system works here because of the way our physics are doesn't mean that's how it's going to be everywhere

4. "Anything considered spiritual, metaphysical or paranormal is generally
    just the physics we do not understand yet." - Nassim Haramein

5. Bump
    Anyone else have thoughts on what happened before the big bang?

6. Somewhat of a trick question.

If the big bang gave rise to time, space, energy/matter then what happened 'before' implies a causal if not temporal element. Which goes back to what i said earlier in this thread.

This always goes back to the infinite potential. There is no "this or that', no direction, no time, no dimension, no distinctions of any sort, just an infinite sameness or nothingness. Which is not unlike the idea of a singularity.

From this, you could postulate that once it fractured/differentiated, it lost its unity and became every possibly. Or you could say only some of this potential was actualized (one universe instead of infinite universes).

Lose Your Fear and Free Your Soul or The Mysteries Of Life You'll Truly Never Know

7. Not a question we evolved to handle, sorry lad.

8. Do you suppose we could develope an AI to tackle such things? I guess an AI would be a logic processor like us, so maybe not?

Lose Your Fear and Free Your Soul or The Mysteries Of Life You'll Truly Never Know

9. Unless the AI were able to recreate situations and observe and figure them out, probably not. No chance of one just thinking outside the box, though I guess you could have one figure out trends between different data and possibly calculate what led to what

10. I have! ;) but really.. like Norse said, kind of a trick question. I personally think that the universe is infinite in all aspects, including age. Also that the cosmic background radiation we see didn't come from the big bang, cause it never happened, but is instead simply light from distant galaxies that shifted through the red and infrared spectrum into microwaves.

11. Have you seen, i think it was Stephen Crothers argue that the microwave radiation is due to microwaves reflecting off the oceans?

[​IMG]

12. Seeing as the instrument used to observe the CMB was in space and point into outer space, I have my doubts.

13. He wasnt making the case that it was pointed toward earth, what a strange objection.

14. It's an objection made of common sense. I never said he said it was pointed at Earth.. but in order for it to pick up microwaves reflected off of the ocean.. where do you think it would have to point? At Earth.. shouldn't be that hard.. lol What do you think happened.. they reflected off of the oceans and then back out into space where they got reflected yet again to the probe that is pointing out into space? I mean.. da fuck man. Maybe this dude is a fucking idiot and thinks the CMB was imaged from giant radio telescope arrays on Earth.. and he might have a case if it was.. but it wasn't. There is just no logical explanation for a space probe to image microwaves from our oceans when it isn't even looking at our oceans.

15. My bad, it wasnt Crothers and it wasnt reflected microwaves.

17. Well whoever said, for whatever reason.. they are an idiot. I don't even know how one could make that claim if they knew that the instruments were in space.. pointing into deep space. I mean.. if someone is trying to research anything about CMB, if they miss that simple yet important piece of information, they are an idiot. If they think that the CMB was faked and it was actually imaged from Earth.. they are an idiot because if they were to fake the CMB, they sure as shit wouldn't use a real reference, the Earth, so that people could figure out they faked it.

According to the RationalWiki on Crothers.. it is a claim of his that the CMB was produced by Earth's oceans.
    Stephen J. Crothers - RationalWiki
    This dude seems like a winner.. :thumbsup:

18. What If we lived in like a timeline of universe if you get what I mean. Like the time we live in is one way our lives went but there's like another timeline were we are the same ppl but our lives ending up going a different route from the decisions we made. As a example lol think of like DBZ and the history of trunks when he went to the past. It was a different timeline that changed from the events but they were who they still were.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app