MasterBaked

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MasterBaker4200, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Damn dude those are some frosty buds! I wanna come smoke with you! Lol

2. Flood/drain table. Getting crazy ph fluctuations despite my ppms staying consistent (550-600). [​IMG]

3. They look happy.. What causes Ph to fluctuate in that setup? I don't know much about hydro but I like to learn.

4. Well typically the biggest reason PH changes is becauss the PPMs are changing.. but in my case my ppms are staying consistent... so im not sure.. lol. Usually when my ph changes it increases. This time it DROPPED down to like 3.0. So i added some baking soda (natural ph up) and now its been consistent around 5.5-6. Maybe the res didnt have enough of a buffer in it because my ppms are a little low. But if i raise the ppms too high i will still have ph fluctuations.

This is why i love/hate growing. I love learning new things but i hate learning the hard way.. hahaha.

Mcjr you should give some hydro a try if your setup allows it.. its fun stuff. DWC has been my buddy in the marijuana growing world.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I would love to do a DWC bucket one day. It would good in the new tent. It's just something I'd have to plan ahead of time and pick up the supplies. Kinda got alot of different things going ATM with getting an organic mix together and the tent lite up and blowing air. Since you asked I may just plan one in the near future.. Do a side by side with organic. That actually sounds like fun! I still have alot to learn when it comes to anything hydro but give me a lil time and I'll do the research. Watching your grow helps too.. I like how you post all your ppms and Ph. Really interested to see if someone can help with why your Ph dropped so much.

6. Day 35 afghani
    Apparently only 10 more days left (yeah right)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Critical kush looking tasty as always
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Some roots starting to pop on the clones. Will grab a pic tonight or tomorrow.

Got a new temp job so been super busy. Hoping to get the position. Thanks for staying tuned in.

7. Flowers are lookin good man! That Afgani looks so much like the one I grew. I would definitely let it go 8 weeks. What are the trics lookin like? And that Critical Kush just looks so freakin Dank dude.. Kinda makes my mouth water everytime I see it.. Haha Your doing an awesome job man!

Looking forward to those root pics! Good luck on the job.. Hope it works out for you.☺

8. Thanks Mc your always lookin out bro

Just realized im on like day 10 for these clones. Usually i have awesome root explosions by now. Hmph. Gotta figure out which variables changed. I hope its not because i DIYd my own foam collars >.> Either way i think they will pull through fine they'll just have a slow start. Definitely thinking im going to go all DWC with these ladies.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Hmm that's a lil weird.. Wonder why those roots didn't take off? Slow start I guess. A lil technique I do when I cut Clones is at the bottom of the stem I cut a 45 degree angle and split it up the middle about an inch and a half before I dip in the rooting solution. It just gives em more area to root out from. Might be a lil something that might help em root a lil faster.

10. Funny you mention that tip, when i was rooting in rockwool cubes i noticed the cuttings i would do that stuff to never survived... the others that i would simply cut never had that problem. Hmph
    Lol

11. Haha yea dude that's crazy! I swear by it.. Lol but then again I always clone right into soil so that might be the difference. Well at least you've tried it so that's ruled out. Your last set had a real nice roots on them by now. Did you do anything different this time?

12. Now that i think of it, i actually think i might of very very lightly scraped the sides of the stem... oughtta give that a try next round... which ill be throwing more clones into the bucket as soon as i move these ones to their next home..

Been thinking of a method to make life easier getting into each 5gal bucket resivour.. i used to completely lift the plant out and put it in a different bucket even to just check ph and such...

I want to make a stand of some sort i can slide around the bucket to suspend the net pot in while i can mess with the res in the bucket below.. imagine like a stool that fits around the bucket, but is lets say a foot taller than the bucket itself. Basically i pick up the net pot, slide this stand up under it and that will suspend the pot higher than the bucket so i can mess with the res. Im smoking so this is kinda hard to put into words but im tellin ya this shit looks perfect in my head and i think it will solve my headaches of DWC

13. #75 Mcjr450, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    Dude I get what your saying.. Lol Maybe cuz I'm smoking too, like minded haha! I'm picturing something made out of 3/4 PVC and fittings that the bucket fits under?? Just throwing an idea out there. So many things you can do with PVC. Very versatile.

You know this time that is one thing I did do different with my clones.. I scraped the stem as much as I split it up the center. I don't know why I decided to do that kinda random for me. Makes me feel alot better about it now! It might have been just the trick!

14. Im glad you respect the power of PVC as well bro hahaha i made the frame to my flood/drain table out of PVC, was very simple and its sturdy as shit

15. Critical kush[​IMG]
    Hoping to transplant tomorrow, some critical kush clones[​IMG]

16. Oh yea dude I respect the power of PVC for sure! Lol Shit I mess with the stuff enough on a daily basis I can't help but to tink of all the other things I can do with it.

Man that Critical Kush looks amazing as usual.. Im glad to see some roots on them clones. Looks like things are going good for you! [​IMG]

17. Clones switched into their DWC home.. gonna give them probly around 3 weeks in veg. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. HARVEST
    Afghani
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will have finished manicured bud shots in a few days.

• Like Like x 1