MasterBaked

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MasterBaker4200, Dec 27, 2015.

1. #21 Mcjr450, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    Nice setup! I would really like to run a couple 600 watters myself but not sure if its necessary for my small space. I really don't know much about coco but I have been looking into it. I would like to try something other than FoxFarm. Since I think that's where my bug issue may have came from. After doing lots of research on the subject.

2. So i have decided to build my own DIY flood n drain table. It is 2x2. Thinking i can flower out these 8 afghani clones (6 clones if the other afghani is a male) on the table. They are working on their 4th nodes (2 new nodes since transplant) and are only about 6".

Judging by the stretch of their mothers they should only stretch about 25% of their height. I have to get final measurements once the table is completed, and then i will know how much vertical room i can work with. Pics to come of the new setup!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Only thing ive bought from the hydro shop is the flood table. I built the pvc frame and diy'd the res.
    [​IMG]
    I cut off the end for easy access under the table.
    [​IMG]

4. Quick update. Put finishing touches in flood/drain table and test ran. No leaks. Will transplant clones over in next few days. Excited, havent grown in this style before.

Afghani clones:
    [​IMG]

Today marks the official first day of flower for Afghani:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Im about 99% sure the other afghani is male. Seeing if any of my buddies want a male for breeding or whatever. Ive never had/seen a male up to this point so i want to be sure. But so far the sex points dont look like anything ive seen so far.
    [​IMG]

5. Afgani female is lookin real nice.. I like that flood drain table, should save alot of time in waterings. I know it'll take me 2 hrs easy to water and feed everything. That one end up being a male?

6. Yea its a male... :'( lol

Got the clones in their new flood/drain home.. pics to come. Had some difficulties in the maiden flood lol but i think its smoothed out now.

7. So the final setting up of the flood/drain table didnt go as smooth as i hoped. It seems after adding the weight of the rocks the table decided it wanted to leak a little out of the valves. No matter, i got it fixed after another hour of pain in my ass. Ive also figured out that my pump is way too strong. I had to lodge a couple rocks in the flow valve to stop a 1ft water fountain! After all this trial and error i now have much better insight when i go to build a 2nd table. Giving the system a 24 hr run with plain water. Then ill change the water out and give them some nutes. High hopes, i have.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Both lights are up and running!![​IMG]
    Seedlings! Blue OG, bubbas gift and tutankhamon. [​IMG]
    Critical kush, growing up waiting for some good clone cuts.[​IMG]
    And here is that dreaded Afghani male. Grr. Such a waste of my time.[​IMG]

8. That flood drain table is lookin nice.. That's the thing that interested me about soiless and hydro.. Once you get it all setup and dialed in, it practically takes care of itself. I had a Skunk turn male on me this run. I tried to isolate him outside so I can harvest his pollen and pollenate a single lower bud for some seeds but the weather changed for the worst and he died. You've got a healthy looking male there.. Looking to be close to being mature. He might no be a waste if you've got a spot to isolate him in. Plants lookin good man.. Nice veriety!

9. 250 gph. Bastard at the grow shop sold it to me. Probly because it was their largest and more expensive. Still it was under $20 so not the end of the world. Better than being underpowered and having to buy something larger.

10. The main reason i am doing the flood/drain table is because i want to work out of a reservoir. I tried DWC with awesome success i just hated working with each individual bucket. This way i can check 1 res. and take care of the whole table.. simple and easy, fits perfect into my busy ass life.

Honestly, i wish i had a better batch of clones and was actually running a strain that i knew. Im kinda running a double experiment trying out this table along with growing afghani for the first time. A test within a test, lol. I know when i get all the growing pains out i will be running a beautiful ebb&flow table with my favorite strains.

11. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >The main reason i am doing the flood/drain table is because i want to work out of a reservoir. I tried DWC with awesome success i just hated working with each individual bucket. This way i can check 1 res. and take care of the whole table.. simple and easy, fits perfect into my busy ass life. Honestly, i wish i had a better batch of clones and was actually running a strain that i knew. Im kinda running a double experiment trying out this table along with growing afghani for the first time. A test within a test, lol. I know when i get all the growing pains out i will be running a beautiful ebb&flow table with my favorite strains.</blockquote>

Yea man I hear that! I know for me on a feeding day I'll spend 2+ hrs mixing nutes and watering. Becomes very time consuming. I could imagine it become alot of work doing the same with DWC. The resovior should make things alot easier for sure.

Those clones look good man.. Nice new green growth. I wouldn't even worry about those older leaves I usually pull mine as the plant gets taller. What strain are you looking into?

12. Thanks dude. Idk i guess im kind of a never satisfied type of guy. My friends always compliment my grow and im always quick to point out where it needs improvements.. lol. I think its good to be somewhat of a perfectionist at times.

The clones dont look terrible considering everything i have put them through. A noob'ish mistake of over feeding gave them a nice lil burn.. plus a transplant from soil to a hydro medium always puts a kink in the line.. but not my first time doing that sort of a transplant so not worried. They definitely arent wilting so i think i might have a success.. lol.

Now we wait for some new growth to see if they are taking to their new home.. im going to give them lets say 500ppms with a touch of that root excelurator to get things poppin'!

The thing i love about hydro is you give them a certain ppm and can see how they react within 24 hrs. If they suck the ppms down, you know they are hungry! If the ppms rise, then you need to dilute the solution weaker. So simple. I cant help but feel like im guessing when i feed my soil plants. Thats my main hang up on soil.

13. You know I think we all get like that about our grows. I know I'm always nitpicking my setup and plants, when really its fine.. Lol Just shows your passion for it. Also its not noobish to notice a problem and correct it, your to hard on yourself dude. Your doing good! As for the soil thing, yea it definitely takes more time to see what the plant needs or dosent need. A couple days min. It has definitely taken me a while to get the hang of it. I've purposely under feed them and over feed them just to see how they react and figure and even balance between the two. But an experiment like that takes a couple weeks. Where in hydro you can do it in a couple days. So I definitely understand where your coming from. And you seem to have a very good understanding of hydro.. Those lil Afgani clones are gonna be some awesome plants!

14. Update:
    Ppm: 540
    Ph: 5.8
    Flushed res and replaced with new water. 12 gals. Added ionic bloom, 1/2 dosage of roots excelurator.

15. Update:
    Ppm: 640
    Ph: 6.7
    Res decided to jump 100ppm. Thus meaning i have to dilute my solution weaker than the initial 540ppm. I think i will try 475-500ppm. Looks like these ladies dont want to drink much yet lol. Either that or my air pump is evaporating my water quicker than i expected. We will see what happens once i lower ppms.

Afghani is looking good in the flood/drain table. New growth is lookin bangin'.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Day 8 of flower, Afghani:
    [​IMG]

Happy growing my fellow growmies.

16. Looks like youve got things about dialed in.. Looks great! Those clones look very happy. Pic of the flowering Afgani didn't show up for me though.

17. [​IMG]work now?

18. Oh yea I see it now. Shes flowering beautifully! Idk why but that pic just won't load for me on that post.

19. Shes comin along! Im not very clever with my soil ladies so im sure that will start to show around wk 5 or so when the defic. Start coming out lol although im running ionic now which ive heard awesome things on. My buddies grows with it and ive seen first hand some spectacular results. He only uses ionic, calmg+ and big bud. Anyway i know how ionic does in hydro (awesome) so we will see how i do in soil.