MasterBaked

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MasterBaker4200, Dec 27, 2015.

1. This is the beginning of a perfect, elaborately planned journal of epic proportions.. Step right up to the glorious farm of Masterbaker.. Bodacious buds galore.. your greatest dreams come true..

Lol JK. Thanks for dropping by. You can refer to me as MB. Ive been doing indoors for about a year straight, during that year i feel ive made leaps and bounds in terms of personal experience and learning from fellow members here on GC. Ive done soil and dwc hydro and have had fair success with both.

Im intending to use this thread to document progress and have meaningful conversation and constructive criticism is much appreciated. That being said, respect is a must please. This is no competition. It is obvious there is a varying degree of skill among members and it is our duty to share knowledge. Not to brag who's thumb is greener.

Lets get this show started!

2. For this session i will be running out some freebie Afghani seeds. After researching into it these seeds are not yet released for sale, and are from seedsman. Apparently the sensi seeds Afghani #1 is nearly identical. What i am most excited for is 45 day flowering time. We all know it will probably run longer but even then itll still be short. I have 2 that are probably into week 3 or so and 2 more seeds swimming. Since these are regular seeds i took some clones off each and am going to send them into flower to see their sex.

I plan to switch to the mother method and only keeping mothers in veg, and sending clones into flower that way i can more easily get a perpetual cycle going, say every 14 days or so putting new clones in and harvesting some down. Thats my plan anyway :p

Attached Files:

3. Shipment came in! Germ'ing Blue OG, Bubba's gift, and Tutankhamon! Updates to come.

Attached Files:

4. Afghani roots

Attached Files:

5. Nice roots on that Afgani! One of the first strains I grew was an Afgan strain. I loved it! It was a fairly easy plant to grow, cloned nicely. Just wish I would have kept a cutting from that plant. I'd really like to see how well these turn out!

6. Thanks for stopping by! I figured id give it a try since i was sitting on so many freebies and found some good info online. One site even said these flower in 45 days! So ill be expecting a quick flower :D

I just put the two "mother" plants into flower. Should see in a week or so what their sex is. Im about 99% sure that one is for sure a female. The other one im not positive on, but i will keep my fingers crossed! Lol. Updates to come!

7. Oh you know how it is they say 45 but mean 53.. Lol but yea my Afgan flowered quickly and yeilded failrly nicely for its size. I'll be looking forward to the updates on sex.. I hope we see a couple girls! :)

8. Heres the two ladies. Flipped to 12/12 on 1/1. 600w hps.

Attached Files:

9. This branch begged to be cloned
    Into veg they go! 400w MH

Attached Files:

10. Been almost two months since calibrating my PH meter.. checked it with the reference solution and i didnt even have to adjust! Beautiful.

Attached Files:

11. Your Ph meter lights up!? Nice.. I have the same kind but the display dosent glow. Ha

12. You seeing any pistils on those 2 girls you flipped the switch on?

13. pistils on one! The other isnt showing yet. 6 out of 8 of my clones were from the one thats for sure a female so im happy :D

I have G13 labs Blue OG, tutankhamon, and Humboldts Bubbas Gift all breaking surface now with their lil' seed helmets.

Within the week i should know for sure what the sex of the other Afghani is.

14. Oh yes 6 guaranteed future females is a good day for sure! Hopefully the Afgani turns female.. You starting to get some flower streach? Pics?

15. Heres the preflowers on the for sure female:[​IMG]

Heres a pic of the other Afghani, its not putting out sex parts yet just more growth. [​IMG]

Nice healthy fan leaves; cleared some out so my shoots can get light:[​IMG]

Stretch has been very minimal. I topped a few days before flipping and heres how much she's grown since top:[​IMG]

Think my first feeding was too strong for my clones. Gonna go straight water for next couple waterings.[​IMG][​IMG]

Blue OG is in the lead seedling-wise![​IMG]

Female Afghani:[​IMG]

Unknown Afghani: [​IMG]

16. Beautiful plants.. I love those big Afgani leaves! Whats your medium btw? When I put t my clones into solo cups I won't feed for a min of 2 weeks. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest which provides enough nutes for those couple weeks. Also some added perlite in the medium helps oxygen roots and drainage which helps promote over all plant growth. What size lights you running?

17. You'll like the blue og. Humbolt is great but I've heard anything bubba is code for low yield. I'll be stopping in to check up on the girls

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Thanks for poppin by. Exciting stuff to come. The bubbas gift was a freebie, if it's low yield itll get the boot!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 MasterBaker4200, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    Medium is pro-mix. Essentially just coco and perlite. No pre added nutes. I agree good drainage is essential!

I run a 400w MH for Veg, and 2x 600w HPS for flower. Right now i only have 1 600w running since i dont have enough blooming ladies.

20. Day 7 since flip. 1st week down.
    [​IMG]

This cut of kritical kush was taken too late, and as a result went through approx. a month of re vegging. It is now finally spitting out 5-finger leaves. You can see the lower foliage is single finger leaves. I dont have any more seeds of this strain and this cuts mother had great results with an easy going grow.
    [​IMG]

Some bud pics of its mother's final product:
    [​IMG][​IMG]