indoor mh/HPs autoflower grow journal (newbie)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by growingbigger, Dec 25, 2015.

1. currently running a 400w mh bulb in a 5x6 room I set up. The strains I have chosen are 3 auto northern lights fem. 1 og kush auto fem, 1 amensia haze auto,and one reg named kera LA widow suffering from being ripped out and cut up, I have replanted her hoping she will survive. The plants are currently 25 days old from germination, this is my first post and grow so any advice is highly appreciated. I will try to update at least once a week. I plan on switching to a 1000w hps bulb in a few weeks, my setup is a passive 6 in. Intake and a 6 in. Exhaust with a carbon filter and 2 circular fans. Soil is fox farms ocean forest, grow big nutrients and just added liquid karma to my last watering. Been reading a lot on this forum in the past few months and would like to give a big thank you to everybody that contributes useful information.

2. [​IMG]

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I currently got it going under 18/6 temps are around 78 average, any tips and advice is appreciated, goal is to get at least 8 oz

5. Recently changed over to a 1000w hps, had the light a little to close and burned the plants a little but are doing fine now. All plants are in preflower and seem to be growing pretty fast, will switch up to flowering nutes next watering.
    Here is the amnesia haze day 35

[​IMG]

Og kush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thanks but I believe it was a calcium deficiency, bought some cal mag today and added 1tsp per gallon with ph'd water no nutes, next watering I will be switching to bloom nutes and maybe a bit of flower. The light was about 12" away and I could feel the heat, currently got it 36" above for now until I get them looking better

7. Morning bud
    Amnesia haze
    [​IMG]

8. very nice. I am getting ready to start another grow with auto fem northern lights and 2 plants of fast and vast auto fem from Herbies. I'm going to follow along on this build.

What lights did you use to grow your seedlings,did you use the MH all the way or start with something else? I started in a heat mat dome with 4 18w LED's I picked up off of ebay for like two bucks each. The links for them are

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401017952385?_trksid=p2057...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221925367290?_trksid=p2057..

They work fantastically. So much better than the cfl s I used before hand. In my tent I used a 600 watt HPS.

9. Thank you I started with a 400w mh all the way up to week 4

10. Just watered today, measured runoff at 6.2 pH but my ppm was found at 2000, I believe thats whats causing my leafs to get brown spots, plan on doing a complete flush tomorrow with half bloom nutes, phed water and a tsp of molasses
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. What's your ph'd nutrient ppm ? & schedule
    I'm running @ 1000 every other watering - runoff at 1200-1500 with a 1k hid -

I'd flush with plain ph'd water until your ppm's drop,... :)

12. Wasn't able to check the ph'ed ppm, schedule is 5ml per gal of fox farm bloom, 5ml/gal of molasses, 2ml/gal fox farm grow big, 5ml/gallon callmag and 5ml/gallon of liquid karma. I just watered yesterday with those nutes, watering I did before was ph'ed water with 5ml/gal of calmag, for the next watering I plan on flushing with ph'ed water, 2.5/gal of bloom, 5ml/gal of calmag and will water until the ppm drops to at least 1000-1500 ppm

13. So was able to flush today with 4ml/gal of ff bloom, 4ml/gal of mollasses, water at a 5.8 pH and was finally able to get it at 1200-1400 ppm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. #15 EricJohn, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    From what I've read you want very little N during flower, leads to the claw,. So the ffgb is to much along with the others, I'm doing a test now using the fftb strait at 1000 ppm and that's ph'd to 6.4-6.7 and takes a lot of ph up to get me there,. Last grow was my CFL run that had a slight claw problem at the end of flower,. So this run with the hid light uptake is a whole lot more and dialing in much more challenging too.. :)

15. Thanks, Yea I'm only giving the bloom nute only until harvest, how much nutes do you have to give until it reaches 1000ppm?

16. About a 1/2 tbsp + a little more to hit around 900 ppm in a gal, the ph-up runs it up another 100, to hit my 1000 - even 1100 if I'm off a little,. My bubba kush was and is a monster feeder and she would get 1200 some days during veg and has 0 sign of any burn yet.. :)

Here's a currant pic of the BK, 8 days into flower..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452660228.471801.jpg

17. All seems to be going well so far, 2 are close to harvest and the northern lights are still at least a month away.
    Amnesia haze 66 days from seed

[​IMG]

Og kush 65 days from seed
    [​IMG]

Northern lights day 65
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Getting close to harvest, should be harvesting the amnesia haze next week, my next grow will be strictly organic, no watering with nutes. Soil has been cooking for 2 weeks, have five plants that sprouted about a week ago so will probably be posting that here as well

[​IMG]

19. Cut down and trimmed the amnesia haze last night, 15 oz wet
    [​IMG]