HELP PLEASE Plant problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigThicket, Dec 24, 2015.

1. So this has been going on for about a week now I've got a bunch of leaves just curling in from the tips and turning brownish black in color. I have no idea what the problem is ? I am using CFL lighting. I have been feeding it clean water for three days now so I'm sure it's not my Foxfarm bigbloom doing the damage..I hope.... Can someone please give me some info on this problem? Thanks GC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. are you letting it dry out in between waterings?

3. I've been watering it in the reservoir and letting it suck up what it needs...but even then when I stick my finger in the organic soil I can never feel any moisture? So to answer your question, I was watering it on this schedule
    Monday- nutrients ( fox farm big bloom) ....
    Tuesday-water..
    Wednesday-nutes
    Thursday- water
    So on..
    How many days do I go without watering? Or how do I fix this??
    Thanks for the response I'm new to GC and appreciate any advice.

4. No I guess I'm not letting it dry out. Lol

5. yea give that a try,reason that typically happens is because your root system needs to be just barely damp in between waterings,and use that time to breath and grow,also cause root rot if left muggy,and when using cfls, the temp usually doesn't get hot enough to help evap the water,my experience anyway.....good luck

6. also what I typically try to do is skip days when I water,now thats not going to work for everybody's environment,but with temps at say idk 80 in both of my previous rooms allowed this,running 1600watts of hps and 1600 of mh

7. Ok sounds like a plan .. I'm starting to water from the top as of now, instead of the reservoir. I was thinking it was a type of deficiency and I was clusterfu$$ed , but I'm going with letting it dry out between like you said . I'll update on here with results.
    Oh btw it is uk cheese x skunk#1 x big bud
    Thanks much merry Christmas

8. Hey still no signs of improvement...lower leaves are really weak and crack apart when I touch them, also the new growth on the lower branches is a yellow/bright green . The lower branches are not forming buds yet unlike the whole top of the plant is budding perfectly ... Not sure ?? I haven't watered it in 3 days ...letting roots dry out a little ......Why is the top and middle producing buds but the bottom isn't? I am 1 week and 2 days into flowering . Help pleaseeeeee![​IMG]

9. you've been watering/feeding everyday?

10. Yea I was until 3 days ago.
    Before I was filling the reservoir with water one day the next day with nutrient mix ..

11. how's the light coverage down there my man,is it scarse? Check by getting under the plant and look for lit up leaves,sounds like it could be necrosis from lesser light,especially if the bottom isn't flowering as fast as the top

12. Been researching all flipping day lol when all I had to do is go to GC. I just added 2 more 2700k around her lower branches.. They were barely getting any light down there.
    Also it's been a few days since the suggestion of waiting to water , she is still pretty damp.. So now I wait

13. Another thing is she's tall (3ft 5 inches).

14. When she heals up should I put her back on her nutrient solution (Foxfarm big bloom) ? This is my first photoperiod so I'm learning and I thank everyone who gives me some knowledge!

I think next I will try much smaller plants with different lst and fiming techniques... This thing takes up to much room and I would like more girls in the room.
    Any suggestions for a very potent strain? Possibly indica dom ?

15. That tall for CFL'S. It will take a little longer for to get happy after you fix the water problem and the damage won't be fixed just new growth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

16. I'm looking at only "funky leaves" on the very lower portion of your plant(s) - am I correct?

If so, it is perfectly natural for your lower fan leaves to yellow, wither and even turn brown, crispy and fall right off. This is not the sign of an unhealthy plant.

Always judge your plants health by new growth and not by your old fan leaves. You'll be trying to fix nonexistent "issues" that aren't even issues.

J

17. Ok cool. Good to know ..
    ya she's big only because I was thinking at the time the taller the more she will yield for me but with some research, that is definitely not the case Lol.
    I am learning a lot along the way . While she was in veg I mad 2 clones off her so I'm gunna try and keep them small .
    What's the height you would suggest before starting 12/12?

18. Too many factors to answer that. Everyone's room, lighting, pot size, expectations are different.

I would veg until it's half the size you want it to finish at.

J

19. I guess I was just used to her being so luscious and green and then all of a sudden this happen so I got freaked out . But that's good to hear !

Here is some of the new growth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]