Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friend always wears weed themed clothing in public? Brings attention to us, friendship ruined?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cheeto Jones, Dec 24, 2015.

1. #1 Cheeto Jones, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2015
    What do I do about my friend of over 10 years who brings so much attention to us whenever we smoke in public or go out in public after a session? He moved to Colorado but comes back to visit, and he has this annoying attitude where he wants to "show-off" that he's from a state where cannabis is legal... but it's NOT legal in the state I am in. I wanted input to see if I was being an asshole here and unreasonable, or if I need to ditch this friend:

The problem arose first on a day when I had bud on me in my car and I went to go pick him up from the house he was staying at while he was in town. The second he gets in my car I see that he has a hat with a marijuana leaf on it. I tell him to take that shit off and we get into a huge argument. I tell him he doesn't have a drivers license and doesn't understand or respect the fact that getting pulled over with weed will FUCK my life up. He tells me I'm being a "pussy" and that I bring attention to us by being "overly paranoid" and acting suspicious. I tell him he's a dumbass for advertising the fact that he smokes weed, and that if we get pulled over a cop could fake probable cause just because he sees the hat.

If we're smoking in my car (PARKED, outside his house, he will roll the windows down and blow out FAT clouds of ejuice from his ecig out the window... he has a dripper on a 110 W box mod so it's GIANT clouds... we have the same argument, I tell him obviously cars and shit going by are going to be looking at a car with giant clouds of smoke coming out of it compared to if we just rolled the windows up and stuck to smoking the weed? And then I tell him that houses on the street might see giant clouds of "smoke" coming from the windows of a car parked on the street and call the cops. Then he tells me I'm being controlling and weird and that none of his friends back home are like that.

I wanted input from people because I genuinely do not know if I am overly paranoid and anxious, or if my friend is a complete and utter dumbass? He never used to do this kind of shit until this past year of living in Colorado.

2. your friends a dumb ass, and your paranoid as fuck. smoke at home.

3. I can see some issues but the blame isn't all on him. I mean smoking in public is a no no where ever you are. As for the clothing, I don't see it as a huge deal, yeah it draws some extra attention but unless you are doing anything illegal does it really matter? I live somewhere where pot is illegal and I don't think twice about putting on a shirt with pot leaves on it or a weed related snapback.

He's just used to the colorado culture and your not. My advice, stop smoking in public and no blazing or having pot in your car.

4. #4 NewSmoke15, Dec 24, 2015
    My, my Cheeto Jones. How you have matured. Yeah, your friend is being a dumbass. But you are also doing things that could get you into trouble with police just by smoking in public.

5. Bruh obviously you're hella paranoid and he's trying to fuck with you, even if he doesn't overtly realize it.
    Best solution for you is if you know he's hanging out with you that day don't put yourself in a situation where you're gonna worry about getting in trouble. If you have your own place, and it seems like from your post that you do, burn at home only. if you have to drive him somewhere and he's being a passive aggressive fuck about flaunting his Coloradoness in your face with his snapbacks and shirts just pull the whole "I'm too lazy/stoned/just not feeling it to drive right now." Maybe he will figure it out. No need to start arguments and stress yourself out, man.

6. thanks for the input guys... and everyone who says not to smoke in public, while I agree for the most part, I feel like you are all LYING if you say you've never hit a one hitter, blunt, or j in the parking lot before seeing a movie or going to a concert. After all, if you pre-roll something and have no other evidence, you can swallow the roach and have no evidence if anything happens :)

7. #7 Mack D Rockefeller, Dec 24, 2015
    I wish you happy kids nothing but the best. Warms my heart when a couple can overcome such an obstacle in their relationship.

8. we have known each other for over 10 years :) we lived on the same street growing up, always roasting and toasting together.

9. is he 13?

tell him the 90's want their shit back.

on the bright aide, you only have 20 years to wait until it'll be back in style.

10. #10 Joker1121, Dec 24, 2015
    Please stop smoking in your car while you're out in public. Then you won't have to worry about your buddy, there won't be any chance of being stopped. I hope you ALWAYS check your turn signals, brake lights, head lights and such, and drive the speed limit, obey all traffic laws, and are white. Chances are one day you'll get pulled over and greet to police with a great cloud of marijuana smoke. Maybe by then it will be legal, but I doubt smoking while driving will ever be legal.
    Not trying to be racist, but I think we all know that being white reduces your odds of police interference.
    As to you accusing us of all lying about smoking in public, maybe we're more mature than you- you talked about riding in a car blowing our big clouds of marijuana smoke. Any criticism you got, you deserve, mate. Your behavior is stupid and the kind of thing people are afraid of that oppose legalization.

11. Hey man, I'm not talking about blowing clouds of marijuana smoke, I clearly said he would blow out e-cig clouds!

I never drive around smoking, I was referring to us being in a car outside of our houses or in the parking lot to a theater or something.

12. broski, its like this. you sit him down with a few of your other friends and you roll out the intervention.

jokes aside, i would tell him he is a total fucking bust. he needs to remember that you live here and he needs to respect that. you wouldn't come to his place and act like he is. i don't mean smoke ganja in public, i mean commit a crime while you are with him. thereby making you an accessory to what ever crime they charge him with. i bet he would get all out of control, get all jumpy, talk all kinds of shit and get both of your asses handed to you. he is writing checks that your ass will have to cash if you're with him and the cops roll up. he needs to know that.

it is an issue of respect. he needs to be showing you some. as a friend i would hope that he could take that like a man and understand it. it might be that he trips the fuck out on you at first and if he does be the better man and walk away with out any hard feelings. because even if he does have some sort of beef with you now, i bet he will come around in a very short while after it spins around his head for a few minutes. that is if he doesn't just say "shit bro, my bad." and he then chills the fuck out. i don't hang with people like that. i like to keep the party going, not see it end tragically lol!

i am legal in vegas and am a card carrying member of the club. i don't just use the papers, i am registered with my card via the DMV. so it isn't an issue with people knowing i like to smoke lots of ganja as far as i am concerned. it is a personal choice that i choose to keep my ganja on the down low because it does reflect on those around me. it most certainly does. i truly give zero fucks what anyone thinks anymore. i am my own man and have a damn good income for what remains of my life. that allows a lot of "fuck you" 's to pretty much anyone i see acting like a dbag. i have it down to an art now and call pretty much everyone on their respective bullshit regardless if it makes them a dbag or not lol. bullshit is bullshit and we are all better for not having to deal with any.

with your friend there, i would definitely call him on his. because i have found out that sometimes we need to hear that we are fucking up before we can fix it. he is your friend and as such i think he will get it and not trip. hell, he will probably thank you at some point for checking his ass.

13. Sorry but your friend is a grade A r tard. Let him go to your local park and blow his fat hits. See how smart he thinks he is then when the cops haul his ass off to jail.

14. your friend is retarded, your not as dumb about it. Feel good that your not a tool man its nice to have "common" sense.

15. He sounds like a douche.

And yea MJ leaf clothimg items are unnecessary

16. #16 jay719, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2015
    Your buddy is an idiot, even by Colorado standards. People do not act like that here either, unless the want attention. Sadly, it's probably because weed is the only thing he has to brag about in life.

17. In the eyes of the law, most jurisdictions fail to make that distinction. It is the same reason the driver who merely places the keys into the ignition can be arrested and subsequently convicted for Driving While Intoxicated even though the vehicle was not moving.

Outside of the house or in a parking lot is STILL in a public place or on a public roadway and while operating a motor vehicle. In other words...stupidity no matter how you try to look at it.

As to the original topic, you are overly paranoid but your friend is being a dick. Plenty of blame to go around there...

18. #18 GoingToCalifornia, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2015

I'm as white as it gets and was pulled over and detained... But still I see you're point and everything else is true. Don't smoke in your car in public, sooner or later shit happens. Basically don't be a total dipstick

19. Been a long time since I've seen a cheeto thread, honestly missed them. :D

I can understand why when you have something illegal on you, you wouldn't want your friend advertising it on their clothes.

But I can also understand why he is mad you are trying to control what he wears and where he puffs on his vape. (which you can say my car my rules if you want)

I feel you both just need to just relax a little, smoke a bowl, have a talk and compromise possibly?

20. You are really paranoid. Sounds like you think somebody is always watching you. If he just decided to light up a joint in the middle of the mall or something then you seem to have a problem. If you are honestly worried about being caught that much you shouldn't be smoking, like you said if you got caught with weed it would "ruin" your life. Is weed worth ruining your life over?