Beginner Dabber

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Axios, Dec 18, 2015.

1. I have dabbed once before, good/bad experience. I would love to dab again, but not sure what all I need? Now I don't plan on dabbing a lot, I'll stick mostly to flower. I already have a bong, so what would be the most efficient way to dab seldom? This will be a rare occasion. Should I buy a whole new rig, or is there an attachment for my bong, or should I just use the hot knives methos because I will hardly ever be dabbing?
    Any advice is appreciated.

2. I love dabs as matter of fact I just finished dabbing out of my nectar collector ...if u already have a bong u just would need a nail wit a dome and prob a converter for ur stem oh don't forget your torch

3. So you think the best route would to get a nail dabber and torch then get an attachment for my bong? I've done a bit of research and know I want a titanium nail. But how do I pick an adapter to fit my bong?

4. I think the best route is just get a rig for concentrates. The dabs are going to not taste very good if it is going through the same water as smoke. If you don't care about the flavor I guess it doesn't really matter but dabs just taste so damn good.

5. Ok then what would you recommend for a basic set up? I don't need anything fancy for this rig because ill hardly use it, maybe once a month.

6. I would get a rig that is pretty small with minimal diffusion, I got a mini rig with a 10 mm nail at my LHS for about 60, and I have my bigger sidecar rig I bought off the purr website for around $120. If you aren't going to be dabbing often a mini may suit you fine

7. I do believe a mini rig would suit me just fine. I don't care for my local headshop so what would you recommend online? And how much can I expect to spend on everything I need?

8. Yeah u should get a separate rig for flower and concentrates ... Pick up a rig it shouldn't be no more then 50 bucks for a basic set up.. My shop I went to gave me a free oil puck and a dabber when I got a rig

9. Could you guys maybe point me in the right direction for a very basic setup?

10. Not sure where you are located but if time is not an issue you can order a rig off the Grasscity glass page. They have a sale going on right now and for cheap basic rigs they have a good selection. Another site is grasscity dot com for USA purchase.

11. Get Quartz or titanium. You'll thank yourself later

12. Fuck it man, if your not going to be dabbing much just stick with your bong. No need to waste money on something new all the time. Unless you have the resources then by all means do it. Titanium domeless nails are my favorite lol. But really all I'd do is just pack up a bowl and plop a nice dab on top of it.. Don't rip it too hard at first but I don't know.. seems to work haha. Just my two cents. Get the flavor of the herb a long with those undertones of pungent dabbiness. I'm sure all the "purists" are going to flog me for saying this. Just get stoned and enjoy it man.. It isn't about having the next best thing or having the exact tool you need. It's about making what you have work and eventually expanding on that.

13. I dabbed once not too long ago and that was the only time I've done it. A lot of people talk about how they get super high like another level type high but for me it wasn't too different. Like a little more of a body high but not much. The guy giving it to me was telling me how I took a fatty ass dab too. Guess I'm just pro as fuck 😉😉😉👍👍

14. Dude probably takes baby dabs. One of the first times I dabbed some buddies out I told them how high they were gonna get but then gave them small dabs as I didn't think they could hang. Well the dabs were to small and they thought it was just like smoking weed. I then proceeded to give them dabs the size I take and they all KO'd after about an hour.

If you didn't get a kick to the back of the face then you either had shitty wax or way to small of a dab.

15. Do you have a female or male piece or a slider? If your using a slider not really a way to use it to dab. But if you have a female bong you can get a nail that can be used with a female attachment or vice versa. Most of the better domeless quartz require a male piece but ti and youll be good. If you go quartz dont cheap out on a $20 one

16. I think you mean don't go cheap on Ti. A $20 banger should be fine, it will just be thin and not retain heat well. I got a solid 4mm thick banger and cap for $35 including 2 day shipping. It works great and has completly converted me from Ti to quartz. The flavor is just so much better on quartz.

17. Ive had cheapo quartz straight shatter on me too

18. You sure it wasn't glass? Must have been cheep china quartz that had an air bubble in it. I have only seen quartz shatter from an enail coil cooling off, contract, and shatter.

19. look up the wholesale online site for anything glass related..you get wholesale prices (what the headshops pay) but you ahve to purchase at least 50 bucks worth of stuff..
    found a great 14mm honeycomb perc sidecar thats 10 inches for 21 bucks comes with nail and dome..so i got a torch for 10 bucks and a titanium banger nail for 24..

i cant remember the site..google it and itll pop up