How do I dry the soil after emergency flush? Emergency Harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AIRchrist, Dec 17, 2015.

1. I haven't been able to find any information on this specific issue anywhere, so I'm reaching out to the community. I'm currently into my 5th week of flowering and my girls(most of them) are looking terrible. Brown crispy fan leaves, some droop and general sad looking disposition(very few yellowing bottom fan leaves). After nailing down the problem/s of nute lockout/burn and/or over watering, I had to do an emergency 3x1 flush tonight. My question is this, how do I get the soil to dry faster so that my girls don't get waterlogged and drown?

Foxfarms Ocean Forrest soil in 5 gal smart pots under 960w MarsHydro reflector series LED in a tent.

I'm going to give them a week(give or take) to see how they respond, but I may have to do an emergency harvest. If I do, can I cure them longer to make up for the premature harvest or am I just fucked? Also, how would I harvest with brown leaves? Trim them all off?

Thanks for the help!

2. Any pics....

You can't dry it off any faster really. A fan blowing over the top of your soil will help the top of your medium dry out quicker, but time....

3. This picture was actually from a couple of days ago. 60% of the fan leaves are completely brown/crusty now. I have upped my fan usage and have actually taken my grow out of SCROG so that the medium gets light and heat. The soil felt wet and cold before the flush, and that's with minimal watering every couple of days.

Attached Files:

4. Just feed those gals nothing but water for now. Also check your PH run off, it looks like overfeed but don't rule out PH until you are sure too.

5. #5 AIRchrist, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
    Those were both issues that I factored in, so I'll probably just let them sit and dry out a while this week before I hit them with nutes or water. At this point I'd be happy to get away with harvesting 2 weeks early in lieu of scrapping the grow. Would a longer cure period be beneficial for an early harvest?

6. No. If you harvest those in week then the bud is likely to be shite. Be better making hash with it all.

7. I have pulled plants as early as pictured and it definitely wont be shit weed. It might not be as flavorful or potent as it could of been but those buds will definitely get you high. You should definitely get as long of a flush in (up to 2 weeks) as you can if you were using non organic nutes.

8. Also though if you're not in a rush to harvest due to some unforseen issue. Let them finish off. Plants will finish with plenty of deficiencies.

9. you pull that now youll be very disappinted in your self it looks like a ph issue to me and possible some lovkout because of it look into ph ranges id almost bet your ph was to low and caused some lockout be patient let her work her issues out you can cut the dead off ofbthe leaves dontbcut the whole leafe just the tips that crumnle in your hand and watch it feed only phd water and watch new growth see of the new growth is comming out healty or the same just relax and let her do her thing a bit come to far to give up now right

10. That can go longer. Why scrap them? They'll finish.

I wouldn't scrap them unless there was a rampant mold issue due to high humidity - which might be why your soil isn't drying out so keep an eye out for bud rot.

11. I really appreciate all of your input on this. My guess is it's a pH issue. I am guilty of not testing my ph since I thought soil grows weren't really governed by ph rules. I'm not planning on harvesting early, but I wanted to know that I could salvage an alright yield if I had to. I checked on them this morning after last night's flush and they don't look any worse, so hopefully that's a good sign. I've got more than adequate airflow(440cfm exhaust, 2 fans) and my temperature and humidity is within range. 74f/44% respectively.