Almost all cities in California banning cultivation and dispensaries

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dabs710, Dec 17, 2015.

1. So much for regulating MMJ, as almost every city and town has voted to ban dispensaries and everyone growing weed. If your area allows it, consider yourself lucky I guess. I'm sure most of it is pretty limited though from what I've been seeing.

2. Fine here in sd

3. You wanna post a link to an article or something?

4. All that means is that the Rights of the counties to ban cultivation is still there. Hell they can do that now.

So yes in the future of medical marijuana , some counties may ban home grows. But just like now, Most counties will not.

Don't trip. Lol or move to San Diego or the green triangle area. We always will have the right laws.

5. Lots of dispensaries and clones for sale here in Bakersfield.

6. The regulations aren't kicked in yet, everything is still SB 420 right now, until March 1st.

7. I'm telling you all it does is return the POWER for counties to ban selling and grows. They DO THAT NOW. Don't trip, if you live in a city that allows it already then it's fine. If not, time to move. Lol

8. chill people....Oregon is just a short drive north, and we have all the dankage you desire....//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/passing-joint-smiley-emoticon.gif

9. #10 dabs710, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    They used to punish you with civil penalties. Now they can charge you with criminal penalties and heavier fines. They also had banning delivery services in question before since it was a zoning issue. Now it is no longer an issue to ban and they are moving to ban them. Telling millions of people to move to the few big cities that allow it or move out of state because of a change in law is very unrealistic, to the average person. I'm just gonna go back to buying the old fashioned way if push comes to shove.

10. Which will be fine because we all know it's going to be legal in a few. The reg system needed an overhaul. Both sides agreed to this.

11. #12 dabs710, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    Like you said, it didn't really change much. The regs just gave the locals a bigger claw to ban, every city and county having differing rules, most places going as far as they can with prohibition down to banning you from personal growing. Its not going to solve any of the "chaos", it is going to make things more confusing when you have to drive half way across the state in many places to go to a legal shop or grow. The way the new legalization law is being written isn't going to help this situation. In my opinion this program is going to destroy itself or cause a lot of problems at best, but I hope I'm wrong.

12. Agreed. It's going to destroy medical in Cali. But it will set up the system for rec which is the next logical step.

Yes some counties will ban growing, just like Colorado and Oregon and Washington. We will not get perfect laws, but we take what we can and expand over time.

13. The way it's written is significantly different from those two states, so is the current landscape. They can't really be compared. Like I said in my previous comment, the rec system is set up to be identical to this medical system and will not help this situation.

14. http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-me-pol-sac-1219...

This was no mistake. For some reason, they seem to be shocked that they are banning everything, and they know this is going to make this new bureaucracy unworkable. From some other unknown reason, they believe giving them some type of "extension" date is going to make all of these ~500 or so cities have less prohibitive rules, when this entire piece of legislation was written to give them their option to ban, that they've been trying to implement for many years. And that is what they're doing and going to do. Most of these cities are in alliance with the League of Cities, whom support the California Police Chiefs and Narcotics Associations. So their actions are very predictable.

15. It will never be legal....only regulated

16. All legal things are regulated, quite a bit more fairly than this... if you can even call these regulations at all, it's just more of the same BS. It was never about regulating it, but more about having the power to get rid of growing and selling.

17. no they are not. My aloe vera plant is legal and unregulated. I can have 1000s and 1000s if I want. Feds will not bust down my door. That also goes for my kids pezz dispenser I got him today. I bought 2 of the big refill packs with out any concern of going over regulated weights

18. If you've ever bought aloe vera from the store, you've purchased a regulated product.

19. my point is you said every legal thing is regulated and that's incorrect. There is a huge difference between regulated and legal. Weed will never be legal but lots of other things will and are.