Your partner (boyfriend or girlfriens) smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Bloody Mary, Dec 16, 2015.

1. My boyfriend smokes, but with the new year, he has decided to go the "new year new me" route. And one of the things that's going is his smoking. I can understand cutting down but he's started talking about selling and getting rid of his glass. I'm starting to get scared that he might actually quit. It's not that I don't want him to cut down or quit, but I feel like I would feel bad for smoking around him.

2. Any stoner should be chill with another stoner especially if that stoner is their partner too support them quitting.

In return he should respect you if you choose to smoke still. Stoners I've met that quit are chill about other people who still smoke.

3. My partner prefers cocaine over weed. If I showed up with cocaine she'd be down, but if I showed up with 2gs she'd be like nah.

I don't do cocaine though.
    She likes to drink wine.
    I prefer to be high than drunk anyday. I guess it depends who I'm with but yeah weeds my sweet baby Jesus.

4. When we got married neither of us smoked. He was seriously apprehensive when I started for anxiety, and even tried to say it had stop.
    Fast forward three years. I smoke habitually, he partakes maybe once a week. I call him my Easy Bake. He completely supports me using, even making time for me to medicate and taking the kids and house during my heavy nonfunctional days. He's helping me with my first grow now. I'm incredibly blessed.
    All I can say is be open and accepting to each other. The rest will come.

5. I am trapped in a long ongoing relationship with a man who practically hates me, all because of my marijuana smoking. He calls it an addiction and maybe it is. But the more he dislikes that I do it, the more I dislike him and the more I do smoke it. If it was just me then sometimes I smoke, and sometimes I don't do it. But I like to imagine a world where I could be with a man who was peaceful with me and didnt mind my marijuana love and smoke of it. He yells at me just for talking about cannabis news issues so I have pretty much kept to myself. I work 7 days a week and avoid him, we live together but we never talk. I am in my room constantly smoking and when I exit I hear disdain for against the smell of the cannabis smoke and negative remarks about my cannabis use.

Keep in mind I work part time in a cannabis garden and I love to read cannabis news ... so I do read all I can about cannabis news. I grow my own plants and have a few friends that I can share my love of the plant with. My BF is a truck driver and does not want to lose his job which is very important to him. All I hope is maybe one day I am able to get out of this and be with a man who enjoys cannabis with me. Does not force me to smoke outside in the cold and the rain just because of the "stink."

6. My wife thinks marijuana is as bad as meth but doesn't care if I get shit face wasted on booze. Makes no sense. Once it's legal she can't say shit.

7. My man smokes he has for a long time lol him and I always smoke with eachother.

8. I never used to get relationships like this. It always struck me that something so important in someone's life had to be really, really negative, and was reason to bail. But now getting older and after being alone the last 10 years, I get it. It's the human relationship and having someone there that is more important. I think that is a lesson young people just don't get.

I didn't smoke for most of my marriage, and only started back up after she died. But I do think he is being unreasonable as he apparently just doesn't get how benign use really is, yet growing and respect for cannabis becomes very important part and can actually enhanced one's life. And I think it's more the sharing that and giving something like that to him that really most upsets you, rather than the ridicule itself, it is the misunderstanding in the communication.

But being alone really sucks. So before you decide this is more important, and a reason to bail, think again. The miscommunication is the problem. I don't have any real answers or help. Maybe just to educate him and that will influence his opinions. I just know being alone REALLY sucks, and THAT is what is way more important in somebodies life.

9. I'm so sorry.

There is nothing negative about cannabis and only positives. While I can understand your SO not wanting to lose his job, he certainly wouldn't if you were in another room burning and he wasn't inhaling deep lungfuls of the smoke.

There's literally no reason he couldn't be completely understanding and I'm sorry if he isn't.

J

10. Heaven Sent ... You are truly in a blessed relationship.

11. Both my boyfriend and I do.

To answer your question, don't pressure them and keep it away from them. If they respect your decision to do it, you need to respect their decision not to.

12. A shit ton.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

13. My gf used to smoke then she had a panic attack and hates weed