Nuken Winter 1st time

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by JuFloz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Hey guys! First timer here with a indoor grow,

I'll post some pictures but for now just would like to update where I'm at,

So far germination process was good 10/10 seeds made it with their tap roots, transplanted them into rock wool and around day 3 - 4 they started sprouting.

Today they seem to be doing strong just 3 haven't started sprouting seemed like they got lost finding the way up towards the light.

I've been keeping a decent temperature between 71 F - 73 F with at around 50-60% humidity water in tank hovering around 68 F- 70 F +. Plants look great just a bit pale green bit worried possibly I think I missed a step will post pictures to show what I mean.

But overall everything seems quite good. Nuken was the strain that I chose so let's see what's in store for next week!

2. Sorry having been posting much

Here's a pic on what they look like now.

I know I need more lighting so I want some suggestions. I tried looking for 40w - 45w CFL spiral design but couldn't find any for decent price and boy they're expensive if you do find em!

[​IMG]

These are roughly about 1 week ago before I added a different lighting source.

[​IMG]

I can tell right off the bat based on my schedule that I'm off course and partially I think its cause I lack lighting for it. I went out and got 5x Clamp Lamps for the tiny space that I have and putting 5x 23w CFL to see if it makes a difference. I understand that the wattage on the CFLs are quite low as I tried looking for 40w - 45w.

Overall I've been keeping decent temperature between 73-80 F Humidity 40% - 60%.

Would like to see feed back, and yeah the resevoir looks have ass done but it works right?

3. So basically this is what I've done to address the lighting problem and hopefully it'll fix it.

I've added 5x Clamp Lamps with 2x Y split and I've got the following bulbs. 6x CFL 23w + 1x 45w which ended up making the tent *2x2x4.5* very very bright.

My temperature is pretty high but I'm having humidity issues right now and I'm looking to get a "cool mist" humidifier for the tent. Is this a good suggestion? Because my humidity always goes below 30 now after adding the new lights in. I've added air circulation to it but it keeps dropping my humidity down.

4. Lights should be 2" from the seeds. You only need 3 or 4 lights for those little guys. Other than that looks good. Don't add nutes for another two or three weeks also

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

5. Hey man thanks for the feed back,

I did what you said, I've moved the lights above them roughly 2" - 3" from the plant and I have two pictures to show

[​IMG]

I have moved the lights as required so as you said 3-4 lights is OK then I should turn off one of them. After changing the lights and moving them lower they grew quite a bit compared to being far away so it was a good thing that I re-positioned the lights.

Here's a pic today after readjustment. The right one I know why it's pretty much looking like it's dying. Reason being is that when transplanting, the taproot broke during the process. :(
    [​IMG]

I've noticed my plants are starting to yellow and I'm not sure why... They're quite pale in comparison but I think i'm doing something wrong. Here's a pic of one of the bigger plants.

[​IMG]