How Sovereign Are We Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pickledpie, Dec 15, 2015.

1. There might be ten people in the whole world who are sovereign and they are living totally off the grid in bumfuck nowhere. you either die sovereign or you live a slave nowadays and I don't want to die and most people would rather live as a slave then die as a free man or woman. Most people in the free world have to many diversions to even realize their status Brave New World and 1984 came true and no one even realizes it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #22 Continuum, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    Freedom is a pretty relative term. Even those off the grid types are still beholden to something, even if it's just needing to hunt and fish to survive. Beyond that, we're all still chained by other forces; gravity, nature, and time itself. We all strive to be more free, but the only thing we can really do is settle in a place where we're comfortable with the size of the prison we live in.

3. is a rabbit a sovereign? Or is he slave to the wolves and owls?

I would say each of us choosing tto smoke weed and all the other crimes we commit, are part of our sovereignty.

We are free as we want to be. Paying taxes to avoid jail doesn't necessarily mean otherwise

-Yuri

• Like Like x 1
  4. Technically you could challenge the IRS, since it is an agent of the government which is an agent of the sovereign. People have to assert their authority and reclaim a government for the people.

Could you win against the IRS? Maybe. If enough of us sued they wouldn't have the resources to fight and win.

5. If enough people woke up, and actively refused to recognize the legitimacy of the institutions which have now become a mechanism of control and subjugation, then perhaps the American people, and the people of the world who suffer the same fate, might transform and purify their institutions to embody principles that respect and precipitate true sovereignty on an individual level.

The idea of the state itself is imaginary, and it's sovereignty means nothing if it doesn't mean the sovereignty of it's people.

I think modern events are a sign of just how lost we are as a global society. Nevermind the ills of any particular nation over another. The arbitrary division of the world on the basis of imaginary geopolitical boundaries doesn't reflect the fact that we're actually all just human beings. If we could escape the conditioning of society that we are currently being subjected too and nurtured and brought up withing, we might see a truly miraculous shift which is so needed today.

PS: I literally have not looked or been active on this forum in a long ass time. Randomly happened today and I'm glad to see you're still active at least.