Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rosin edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dabs710, Dec 14, 2015.

1. #1 dabs710, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    Anybody here try rosin edibles? I love them. I just squish a couple of primo nugs, rake off the oil, decarb, and mix it into food. I guess if I made a large batch I could collect it in a syringe and make the best quality "rick simpson oil". I know most people make their edibles from the chips that they used to press for rosin, but I simply prefer this way for using the higher quality pressed oil as opposed to the pre-pressed nuggets, and I enjoy the no weed taste and ease of making the edibles in comparison to a method like cannabudder. I highly recommend this to people who enjoy very potent quality edibles and are seeking a good "rick simpson oil" type of product.

2. i was just thinking about rosin edibles today while making cannabudder which is a mess. Seems like the dosage would be easy to figure out as well and Its really not wasteful considering one gram of 60%THC rosin would be 600mg of THC, if my math is correct. For a 10mg dose that would provide 60 doses. So my question is what would be the best decarb method, I'm assuming a hotter press temp would get it started and adding more heat with the hair straightener may work, but I'd love tips on a method that will effectively decarb the rosin while not overheating the material preserving any terps, flavors, etc

3. Thanks for the tip, BadKat has a ton of information. Any thoughts on figuring out dosage, if you were using rosin, that is. The obvious answer would be have the material tested for thc percentage, The Badkat recipe I looked at was concentrating 5.5 grams of hash into 15 capsules using Hash or Kief, which I assume would have to be way less potent then good bud rosin. I know some dry sift and hash could be really high in THC, but in general can we assume most common keif hash is half as strong (or less) than a quality bud rosin. Im gonna go for it and figure out my dosage the oldschool way, but any guidelines would be helpful.

4. @islandgrown
    I think that's using the larger 00 caps and they'll hit like a sledgehammer at that size and strength..
    I do 5 grams kief to a tablespoon of oil and a dash of lecithin and it makes about 30 (0) size caps..
    My kief is dry ice via 160 micron screen from the best bud I grow.. No trash sugar leaf material here..
    Dosing.. This is always a bitch as no two people react the same to a given dose.. What works for me is about 300 times to much for my wife.. Yes that's not a typo.. Even counting the 2 years I've used the stuff non stop I started needing about 50x what will send her flying.. My best advice is make a bunch of high strength oil.. Make a mess of low dose caps like 5 drops in each.. ( a full (0) holds about 25 drops of oil ) Take one and wait 2 hours.. Take another and wait 2 hours.. Keep that up until your off.. Once you think you feel something smoke a bowl and see where you are.. It's best to sneak up on a good edible high rather then find you've eaten more then you should have.. Smoking will boot up a low dose edible for an hour at a time and put it in your face..
    Working with concentrates the oil is potent as can be and licking the tools and the bowl can put you on the moon the first dozen times you make this stuff .. Even now knowing it's going to be a wild ride I can't resist the cleanup phase and the super stone that comes an hour later.. Hold on tight time for 4 hours or more...
    Keep track of your ratios and you won't have to figure out your dosing again.. I make the same batches of hash-coconut oil-lecithin over and over weighing out the hash and measuring out my tablespoon of oil each time and use the same temps and times for my heat and freeze cycles each time and the caps I make are very predictable in strength and effects as a result..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. #6 islandgrown, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    @BrassNwood
    Big Thanks, gonna have time this weekend to experiment. This is all good potent info! Yeah I have sent my wife into oblivion a few too many times and she just started trying edibles again recently so I will heed your warning and take it slow. We live in Hawaii and sometimes can't get what we need (everclear, for example), but just found a new source for dry ice yesterday and have some nice fresh flower, so I'll try your recipe out too. It will be fun to compare the same exact recipe/dosage with good Kief and rosin eventually.