ScrOG with huge plants? Vertical Lights for buds beneath canopy?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by talonsblqd, Dec 13, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Nearly done with my first grow, they'll be ready for curing by the end of the month. I'm moving into large house with LOTS of basement space next year and I want to try ScrOG/Topping/LST.

My goal is 1lb per plant with six plants. This is reaching for the stars, as I have read it's nearly impossible to get 1lb per plant indoors but I want to try.

ScrOG revolves around keeping your plants from growing to high and training them to stay evenly under the the screen until it's time for flowering. I need to know if it's feasible to allow the plants to vegetate for 60 days, in 10 gallon pots, and set the screen much higher. I want to grow 5ft trees. What I don't like is that ScrOG takes advantage of the lights hanging overhead but the lower portion of the plant doesn't get any light.

Would hanging vertical lights low/beneath the canopy of each plant allow for the lower buds to produce big buds like the ones above the screen? And is this method even possible when attempting to grow tree like plants?