First grow DWC auto Ultimate

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MeGaKiLlErMaN, Dec 10, 2015.

1. so this is two days later.. I can only service them every two days... Still taking up 5gal every two days.. Nice and easy to follow. The photo from the entrance with me in there.. So you can see the canopy is almost all filled out.. The plant to the left is kind of doing its own thing.. It is scroged but for what ever reason the main stock/branch won't bend.. Perhaps this is why they don't recommend scroging this plant lol.

Everything else is going as exspected.

Attached Files:

2. day 46, still no sign of flowering... The stalks are about one and a half of my thumbs in diameter and absolutely loving life. The Scrog should be full in the next week either way as you can see in the photos. It's not the most even of canopies but it's working well. They are still taking 600ppm but I know they could take more. I added a dehumidifier to takeout the rediculas amount of RH in at before they start flowering.

It just takes in from the top and has a hole drilled into it to empty into the resivoir back as to not waste water. I'm aware that it could have pathogens in it but I use a good amount of hydro guard so I'm not worried about that at all at this time of year.

Other than that I'm enjoying this grow.. But I'm anticipating a long flowering cycle since it hasn't started yet.

Oh I had some add.27 laying around so I put about 1oz per 5 gal just to see if I see any extra growth. I might look for some powder calmag since this liquid stuff get burnt threw pretty quick.

Hope you like the progress

Attached Files:

3. So a few days later and still no flowering it's day 50 and still no flowering.. Not that I'm complaining as the extra time for veg is nice... But I am starting to worry as I would rather not change the light schedule but might do that this weekend.. First to 20/4 then if that doesn't work for a week then 12/12. Then what ever one works I might leave it there or might change it back but I bet that they wouldn't do well with that. The first shot is at waist level in standard 5 gal lowes buckets.

Other than the lack of flowers this is nice, I upped the nutes to about 800 and it was accepted by all but one and they are taking up 800 now so that's interesting since before they were taking up 600... But I'll see if it changed over the next few days.

If anyone has had this strain or any other besides northern lights have issues flowering let me know.

Oh saw Obama today and flicked him off in Detroit so that was cool.(hard core libertarian

Attached Files:

4. #24 CanadianOrganic, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    I think you need a bigger light.

Shit didn't realize that was a 1000w DE.

In that case, I think you need a bigger reflector :lol:

5. About 14 hours later and one is showing sex and slightly budding... 12/12 is the solution. My theory is that since the lights were on 24/0 then maybe the perception of time for the plants was off... Like how people preserve it you know?

Thoughts on making it 20/4? Think it would revert to veg

Attached Files:

6. yeah it would re-veg. Plants don't think like animals, it just a simple balance of hormones. The tipping point is around 10-11 of darkness

7. My thinking is what to they use to gauge time? the lights turning off even for an hour would at least give it something to go on. but I dont claim to be a botanist.

8. so it's finally on flower, slowly but surely week 1 day 3 of flower. Not much has changed but there are some photos. The Scrog is full

Attached Files:

9. I see you have the.27 from dutch masters. Is there any reason you aren't using their line of gold nutes?

10. No honestly, I like what I am using till I go no till organic later this year. I just snagged it for a low price and had it around. I honestly cant keep up with these plants... they are still growing and the light has about 4ft left to go on the 10ft ceiling. I have to move it up every other day. But I do hear good things from them.

11. there's a bit more progression on the bus front, all but one have shown sex and a few have started budding. You can see the light is about 3ft away from the plants and has 4ft left to go up.. I should be good but any time I move it up the plants stretch to where they were before! So maybe I'll move it up slower

Attached Files:

12. day one, week 2 of flower.. Stalks are huge and plants are still stretching.. I'm guessing over 4 ft since they are almost taller than me(5,8) in 5gal buckets.🤔 Anyways I got some new calmag and its working like a charm. That is a normal sized adult thumb

Attached Files:

13. That's one ugly thumb. Lol. Nice Grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. so buds are coming out, it's pretty awesome seeing how it goes and all the progress. Photos show the more far along plant, in the back you can see my old fan that has stopped being useful.. It was set at what I expected to be the max height... I was wrong🤘🏽. They are as tall as me now

Attached Files:

15. so the light has another few inches to go before its all the way up👏🏿👏🏿🤘🏽👌🏿. It's not the worst situation to be in... But for real that's crazy.. 10ft ceiling and all. But hey I guess I'll just have to deal with that and maybe some burning leaves later on. But hey I'm not sure how long till harvest anyways. Plants are happy and massive. Still taking 600ppm so that's pretty cool

Attached Files:

16. Day 72 from seed, Week 3 Day 3 of flower and its moving slowly, Might be a really late harvest, but then again I have heard these guys kick out some density and mass on the last two weeks. Ill be watching the trichomes. Photos will be up in two days at my next check in... so you can see the jungle that Im dealing with lol. buds are there, still kinda small but still growing.

17. So here where Im at Day 74 and some decent flower progression. I cant say that its the best out there... but the plants are over 5ft. since that PVC on the far left is 5ft even. Im pretty sure that ill be getting some burning from the light... but the again if the temps stay around 16-30F ill be set. Honestly Im still at 600ppm and still waiting on a PH meter but i add about the same I always do and its pretty stable since its not organic (obviously lol). As I said before since it started flowering so late I bet it goes longer than 100 days. (Im aware that its a pretty ghetto room.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. week 4 day one, added big bud to the mix to see if it helps out recomended dose (8ml/G) and also have overdrive in the que for the last week. I only have a photo of the items today, more to come tomorrow.

Attached Files:

19. So I decided to get a bit ahead on adding water. Same day as above. Also I am looking for feedback on estimated time frames for the end of flower. I have a few photos that are as close as I can get for the camera. I just need a bit of help for when to run the overdrive and timing.

Attached Files:

20. Week 4 Day 4, and this is what happens to plants(plants meaning the auto ultimate not all plants) in DWC without a fallback power source during a power outage....in Mi, in February, in a stand alone garage. There was no heat at all (temp went to 25F) Power was back on eventually... however it was not a pleasant thing to wake up to thats for sure. I made sure their light schedule wasnt cut any shorter than it needed to be but the only down side was a lack of water consumption. Im PUMPED thats all it was... no drooping or anything!

Nutes:
    2 teaspoons MaxiBloom
    1oz Calmag
    Bigbud once a week, 8oz/G (X 30G)
    Hydroguard/ Orca recommended dose. I switch it up randomly since I have both.
    every other 2 days 1oz Add.27

Still looking for when I need to switch to Overdrive, I hope to hear back from here when people think its time...Since its the 1st grow and all.

Attached Files: