Rand Paul.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptianJaneway, Dec 9, 2015.

1. there are plenty of good options out there.

they're just not on the TV

2. There certainly are but as ypu said without the hocus pocus that $$$ bring the public ain't interested.

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

3. I'd like to see him run for VP. He won't get the GOP nomination.

4. Watched the debate the other night and anytime he talked I was like thank god there's someone with a little bit of common senses on the stage. Then they asked him about abortion and I remembered why I'm not a fan.

5. And why is that?

6. Couldn't agree more. Even worse is people participating in the corrupt politics and granting them authority.

vote of no confidence!

7. I respect Rand and he is probably the best GOP has to offer...

...BUT, when he started spewing nonsense about religion at the latest GOP debate, I found it condescending and not very Libertarian at all. Maybe he's trying to advertise for more votes before Iowa, but come on, man. His views on abortion and religion have soured me.

8. according to rand himself, he is not a libertarian, so it does not seem that surprising

9. He gave some bullshit non answer about whether or not he though abortion should be legal. They asked him since he supported giving the decision back to the states whether or not he would be fine with states legalizing it. Then he talked about how abortion was bad in his viewpoint and never actually said yes or no to the question. I have a hard time supporting someone who is both pandering that hard and against abortion. I don't think abortion is a clear cut issue and anyone who says statements like abortions are bad are oversimplifying the issue and come across as a bullshit panderer. There were times when Rand talked about drug policy, not getting involved in regime change, and several other policies that he gave excellent responses to which were in sharp contrast to what the other candidates were saying.

10. Right on, the only thing he has contributed to this country was helping write the CARERS act and that helped a lot of mmj patients but seems he's running to sell books and finance his Senate chair or is it Governor? I don't really care, lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app