nutrient burn or deficiency? the girls need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eiselet12, Dec 9, 2015.

1. specs/details:
    -7 gallon buckets with FFOF
    -nutrients: fox farm basics ( grow big, tiger bloom, etc)
    -600 watt hps in 4x4 tent
    - clones: 2 purplex, 1 gorilla glue #4, and 1 jack herer
    - temp normal. good air circulation.
    -heavy LST from beginning of veg.
    - nearing end of week 3 flower.

Okay so I've read all the forums and I've tried to diagnose the problems myself. firs,t i got the claw right when i started flowering, up until then everything seemed great. i initially assume overwatering. then the problem got worse when i cut back on watering, so i assumed nitrogen toxicity (which i thought was weird because i had been giving them low nutes throughout all veg and when i began flowering i didn't increase them or anything.) so i turned down the nutes. problem persisted. the claw was affecting all plants except my GG#4, which was healthy, but when i cut back on nutes she didn't like that (yay aren't different strains a fun added complexity.) then i came to the conclusion that i likely have nutrient blockout from not adjusting my PH, and maybe a salt/nutrient buildup in the soil at the bottom of the pot because i hadn't been watering until runoff occurred. so i gave them a good flush. now, the claw persists, the buds aren't nearly the size the should be by now, and I'm seeing weird yellow coloration overall and in some veins, on the leaves as well as brown spots with some dead leaves. new growth looks pissed off swell, so there is some imbalance. this is my second grow, the first one turned out amazing, and my tap water seemed to work perfectly fine without PH adjustment. however, i moved, thus different tap water (if this matters), and I'm wondering if me not adjusting my PH or checking it in general is causing nute block, because I'm definitely not giving them enough nutes to cause burn. believe me- i understand PH and how important it is, i just haven't got a PH pen, PPM measures, or ph adjustor because i haven't needed to until now and didn't wanna spend the money. so heres my question, do some of you more experienced growers know whats going on here? because during my first grow the buds were twice the size and quality as they are now. I've tried to diagnose the problem and find a solution but all of the fucking symptoms/causes resemble each other so its impossible to sort through all the sick plant info IMO.

Attached Files:

2. one way to know your water is good without having to test it is by using distilled water. I only feed my plants distilled water bcz I know forsure it's purified h2O with no other additives. It's 88cents/gal for distilled water at walmart but I don't use bottled nutrients at all bcz my nutes r in my soil so I save money overall. Basically my nutrient money is going towards water

3. Damn I would of said overwatering and or heat stress, but you've ruled both of those out so...perhaps you should just bite the bullet and buy a pH pen...spending that extra $$ will save you a lot of $$ in the end.

4. Oh my they look complety fucked. They have an over abundance of nitrogen that was toxic to begin with and they were thrown into flower sick as fuck imo. I would get your feed dialed in for next run. Pics are hard to judge but thats what it surely lookin. Like

Ff is strong. Then dumping all the bottle nutes on top of it can be just a trainwreck.

LOS ftw

5. As for me it looks like nutrient burn. I would flush and give 50 per cent less nutrients the next few feeding.

6. yeah only problem is that i flushed them and gave half nutrients the next two waters already. I'm not sure what to do at this rate. I think when i water here in a day or two I'm gonna give them another decent size flush and hope i wipe out any nutrients built up in the soil.