180w LED, Northern Lights, Hydroponic, 2x2x4 grow tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mtwtfm, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Just a quick update. Things are looking good. I've started LST on a few branches to try and spread out the growth. But man this thing is tough to keep under control! Lots of bud sites forming. I'm really looking forward to filling up the little 2x2 tent and start flowering. I'm guessing it'll take about a month to fill up, but we'll see. If you look closely you can see a few hooks in the bush.

Attached Files:

2. Hey all. I had some fun last night messing with the colas. I tried super cropping a couple, LST a couple, and FIMing a couple more. Then I caught myself and felt like I was getting carried away! So I won't touch anything for a week just to let it recover. Things are looking great though.

In the photos you can see the whole bush, a successful FIM that I pinched--not removed foliage, and a black and white of my root system. The roots just looked better in b&w without the weird purple lighting and stuff.

Attached Files:

3. Here's a little map of the colas I have cooking so far. #1 is my main cola that I'm trying to bend. #2 and 3 are the next ones shooting off the main cola. The rest of them I have no idea where they originate. #8 and 9 are that really nice FIM that I did. I didn't count the potential colas that could form from the 2 more FIMs I did, or the 2 little guys that look like they have potential. Here's a look at my jungle in the making:

Attached Files:

4. Hey all. Not much to report today. It"s getting bushy in the tent! I rewired my rig last night with a new timed power strip. This thing is pretty cool! I added an extra fan a while ago and started supplementing my CFL and was adding too many power strips for my liking. So this thing is awesome. Feels really well made as far as plastic stuff goes, and a 5-foot cable which is really nice.

I did a lot of LST last night. I think a ScrOG net will be in order in a couple weeks. I think it will just take time to get it growing that wide. Upped my nutrient mix, added root inoculant just to be safe. Things are looking great these days!

Attached Files:

5. Here"s some updated pics. Growth has been stellar the last week. Lots of LST since my last update, and a LOT more bud sites popping up! Anyone know how to tell when is the best time to flip it into flowering?

Attached Files:

6. flip whenever you want to! Just gotta remember it's gonna fill up a lot more once that plant starts to flower [​IMG]

7. Things are looking great! I just last night installed my ScrOG net! I made it out of coat hangers and string. Looking good!

I'm heading out of town for a week, soooooooo I am hoping my plant doesn't die while I'm away. It's been eating about 2 liters of mixture every day, so I had to come up with a solution for feeding it while I'm away for so long. I have a long-term plan for it, but for now the short term solution is to hook up 2 waste baskets to my reservoir. I didn't take pics while I was setting it up, and it's all covered up now, but I included a pic of the water hookup. It's pretty tight in the tent now, but long term I am going to take the big one outside the tent and feed it in from the outside. It'll be cool. For now, I'm just hoping everything survives the coming week! Wish me luck!

Attached Files:

8. That's a baddass scrog net.

9. Hey all! Long time away on vacation. I got back a couple days ago and everything looks great! Very healthy plant. I was away for 6 days and everything went perfectly while I was away! I did a little more ScrOGing to get things sorted out and everything looks good. I'll probably switch it into flowering in a couple days. I don't have much more room in my little 2x2 tent! Pics to come, just wanted to give an update.

10. I switched over to flowering! And I added another light into the equation--a 150w HPS lamp. The problem is it adds a TON of heat to my little tent. I've seen temps as high as 92ºF (33ºC). I looking online for an AC solution, but there's really nothing out there. I looked at some DIY options where you basically convert a cooler into an AC unit by filling it with ice and blowing air through it. Given the small space I have to work with, that's about my only option. I hope it works!

Attached Files:

11. #53 Justenoughforme, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    Edit ... didnt see the updates.

Looks nice