180w LED, Northern Lights, Hydroponic, 2x2x4 grow tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mtwtfm, Dec 8, 2015.

1. It's time to FIM!

I've attached pics. Is this plant ready to FIM? I've put a black line on one of the photos where I plan to pinch off the new growth. Does that look like the right place to FIM?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a perfect spot to me. Fim her up !!! Grow for it !!!

Really happy to see how quickly she turned around for you !!

3. Dang, your plant sure seems to be growing fast! Looks good.

4. Seagle or Van Damme in a fight?

5. LOL! Are we talking right now today, or 15 years ago?

6. So FIMing is the coolest thing! I didn't realize how fragile those new leaves are and how easily the pop right off with virtually zero effort! I think I hit it in a good spot. I FIMed a couple days ago, and from the looks of it this morning, it LOOKS to my novice eyes that I should have no fewer than 3 new colas. Exciting stuff!

I had a change of life as well, and was looking to be out of town for about 3 weeks near the end of March, but that is no longer happening. So now I have a much more flexible time schedule, which means we're going to fill up a fucking ScrOG net!! As long as it takes! Which shouldn't be too long in a 2'x2' tent. This should be good!

Attached Files:

7. Whats the difference between topping and fiming?

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451772794.092015.jpg

F.I.M ..... FUCK I missed...

9. Thank you. :smoke: You learn something new everyday.

10. I'm a novice grower, but if you look at my post #21, you can see pictures of where I pinched off the new growth. I referenced MANY articles and photos and graphs including the one our kind Lord Vapor posted above.

11. Nice, Thanks. I can't believe I've never herd of it before. Ive been growing or helping with a grow for 20+ years now. :smoke:

12. Hey all. It"s been a while since my last update because life, vacations, out of town guests, etc. BUT, things are looking pretty good. The FIMing was successful and the new growth looks great!

I didn"t get to check my plant for 3 days because of visiting guests. Two things happened-some of my fan leaves developed holes in them and dried out a bit. I found that the PH had drifted up above 7.0, so I"m presuming that"s the problem there.

The other thing that happened as you"ll see in the photos is this dark greenish/blackish sludge that has accumulated in the bucket. I"m not sure if this is mold or mildew or what. I"ve never read anything about this and couldn"t find anything when I searched for is specifically. I added a small fan to circulate air in the bucket so maybe that will help. Should I be concerned?

Attached Files:

13. Here's a pic of the new growth after FIMing

Attached Files:

14. No pics today, but things look great. I'm just wondering--it seems like the growth is pretty short. I'm wondering when it gets to the point where I'll even need a scrog net. Branches aren't getting long enough to scrog and staying really tight together. Any thoughts?

15. Things are looking good I think. I tried to tuck some leaves to get light to the under growth and also added a CFL to the side to get underneath as well. I broke one of my fan leaves on the main cola, soon….my bad. It was bad, so I decided to just throw away the leaf and let the plant recover. You can see the broken branch in the pics.

I was hoping to fill out a ScrOG net, but the branches on this beast are all so short and stout that I can"t safely bend them. Even the new growth is thick and fat! It"s good that it"s healthy, but I don"t know when I"m going to be able to start ScrOGing. So, I did what I could. The top main cola was about the only thing I could bend safely, so I bent it down in hopes of getting light to the lower part of the plant, but also to get some lateral growth going. We"ll see what happens.

Attached Files:

16. Ive got nirvana white widow cracking now for an LED hydro grow.

So im subbing here to watch your progress
    Sorry meant to say northern lights... white widow is my other grow

17. Cool man! I'll be watching your grows too! I've had a hard time finding others doing small Northern Lights hydro grows. How's everything been going for you?
    Cheers!

18. I just upgraded from 24 watts to 300 watt LED panel.

My grow went well until I got spider mites and they ate pretty much my whole plant

19. Ive had a hard time finding good micro grows on here as well.

Im on my phone but ill upload fresh pics tonite... ill link you when I do

20. Quick update. Things are looking really good. New growth is nice and healthy, plant seems to be happy! It's just getting out of control!! Look at all those bud sites trying to break through the jungle! This plant is so short and stout that it doesn't seem like I can to any LST, and all these shoots are all working to get to the light. It's pretty rad, but also kind of weird. I was hoping to be doing some LST by now, but I'm not sure what to do.

Attached Files: